Good bye MFP

cjm0014
cjm0014 Posts: 118
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Hey. I've been on MFP for awhile. Like a lot, I "stalk" forums and such more than I actually talk, though I did occasionally. But a constant was that i did get on EVERY DAY for a good while.

Well I have an eating disorder...have had it, still have it, and want to not have it anymore. So I am quitting getting on MFP for awhile. Or at least reading the exercise and cal counting type posts, etc. I have been slowing down and not using my food diary as it only perpetuates the obsession.

I understand that this is a BEAUTIFUL tool for most, and that the people who run it are lovely, as are most everyone I have "met". I pray you find what you are looking for in your respective journeys. Please remember that the scale and the mirror do not define you.

Also, I am not deleting my account as I will most certainly come back and visit and stalk to find recipes as I continue to relearn how to be healthy and am ready for it :) Right now, cal counting and nitpicking and exercise obsession are not good for me.

Another thing. If any of you is bulimic, anorexic, ED NOS, etc, i recommend you to think of doing the same, or maybe just being cautious at potential triggers on this beautiful site. HOPEFULLY no one else really struggles with it, but just in case :) Maybe join a DIFFERENT help site for just a SHORT period of time, or maybe using both at the same time...(honestly thats what i think i will end up doing as mfp has become such a habit...) But i just wanted to get this out there, as much for myself to understand that controlling and obsessing is not what makes me me, but i ALREADY am me, I just have to find her again and let her out :) So PLEASE do NOT think i am in any way discrediting mfp or insulting it or downplaying its helpfulness for many. The people here are lovely. This is simply what *I* feel would help me for a litle while...even if it is a few days or forever. (haven't decided)

I have rambled far too long. If anyone has been struck by what i said in a negative way, I am sorry. If anyone reading also has an ED of any kind, know that I am always here, just friend request me and when i DO get on to check in on old friends and maybe recipe look (trying to avoid other things for a bit, as explained above) we can be friends and talk it out!

Love
Cortney

Replies

• kittytrix
    kittytrix Posts: 557 Member
    Good luck to you! I truly hope you get better.
  • God bless.
  • missxlaur
    missxlaur Posts: 286
    Best of luck. It's a long, hard road to recovery, but it's definitely a road worth walking
  • gaddyg
    gaddyg Posts: 3
    My heart breaks for you, as I have been in the same position in the past. It's a long road to healthy, and a lot of people will never understand it, but it's worth it. You can have your life back from you ED and you deserve it. Always know you are good enough and loved just as you are. Good luck and best wishes.
  • arfletcher
    arfletcher Posts: 143
    Good luck to you!! I fully understand where you are coming from! Keep working at it... you sound like you already know what you need to do to make yourself healthy (and I dont mean weight).

All the best

**Blessings**
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    :heart:

Tough road to hoe, this life, sometimes-- God bless you-- hang in!
  • melgibson
    melgibson Posts: 702 Member
    That was a difficult message to write I'll bet.
    I don't think there will be anyone who is upset by anything you have said.
    I'm sure most will understand or at least try their best to.
    Maybe we all have our own little problems with food.

I think it's such a shame to leave, I'm sure you can reset your resettings to gain weight or simply maintain if you wanted to and the way it will show all your nutritional intake will be a great way for you to use MFP to get you healthy, maybe you can switch one thought for another some of the time. I know that using the site can make me want to not eat the biscuit I think I want, but maybe things are much more out of control for you?

I know there's a lot more to it than that but I think maybe you could use the site in a way which is beneficial to you.

I wish you all the very best with getting you back to you and getting you well and healthy.
    And I'm here if you need an ear.

Mel xx

508926.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • best of luck i hope that it helps you for the better :) and who knows maybe you will find something that is beyond your imagination :) you will be missed by many people <3 ciao bella
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    I wish you the best of luck. You do what you have to do to get better. God bless you. :flowerforyou:
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    What doesn't kill us just makes us stronger. What I have found in life is that we all have something! I wish you well and admire you for seeing that some things like this may trigger you to be unhealthy. Get help and don't try to go this alone. Sending up prayers for you now. Let me know if you need a shoulder.
    :flowerforyou:
  • rosy54
    rosy54 Posts: 46
    Hugs to you, my dear ~ you've made the right decision. Good luck. :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.