Dear Naked Reflection,

Options
I used to cringe when I saw you. All you showed me were rolls of fat and an overhang over my c-section scar. You pointed out the fat on my back that digusted me because I used to see women with back fat and thought I'd NEVER have THAT!

I avoided you for a long time. Afraid to know the truth. Inside I felt thin and beautiful and as long as I didn't look at you, I could continue to believe I was thin instead of this blob I'd become. Looking at you made me sick. You told me I was a failure. You told me I was ugly, even when on the inside I still felt beautiful and sexy.

This morning, I didn't avoid you. I made the concious decision to stand in front of the mirror and look at you. I was shocked at what I saw. I no longer saw rolls of fat. You showed me fat, but not the way it was before. The BEST part of it was that I could actually see my c-section scar. The thing I thought I'd NEVER be able to get rid of is SHRINKING! That nasty, fat filled over-hanging belly is disappearing! I can see my belly button again, not just a winking roll of fat.

So, naked reflection, what do you have to say for yourself after losing 50 pounds?

That's right, *****! You have NOTHING to say!

Booyah!!!!

Replies

• Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Cheers to you! :drinker:
  • sarantonio
    sarantonio Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • samanthachen
    samanthachen Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    :wink: Great job!
  • MereExtraordinaire
    MereExtraordinaire Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    So awesome!
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    So much love for this!
  • 4my2jays
    4my2jays Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    So proud if you and great post.
  • Jamcnair
    Jamcnair Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: awesome!
  • canadian_bacon
    Options
    This made me smile. That's awesome!
  • delightfuldorie
    delightfuldorie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yay! =D
  • mhorn2142
    mhorn2142 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    lol.:drinker:
  • Supern0va81
    Supern0va81 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Smiling reading this :flowerforyou:
  • skcardiog
    skcardiog Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Great post . Keep on smiling and that reflection will NEVER have the upper hand ever again.
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: AWESOME!!!
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,150 Member
    Options
    Love this. Good for you!
  • elexichoccyeater
    elexichoccyeater Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Good lass x lovely post x
  • garrisonwife
    garrisonwife Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely at the point where I avoid mirrors like the plague. I am the same way...what I see in the mirror does NOT reflect how I feel. When I was growing up (a super active child, teenager...even a cheerleader in highschool)...I would THINK I was fat, when I really wasn't. Now...I have the opposite going on. I still feel like the girl in my cheerleading days...but then I'll look in the mirror, or (HORROR OF ALL HORRORS) a PICTURE of myself, and I'm like, "WHO IS THIS?!?!"

Congrats on being able to put that mirror in its place!! Can't wait for that to be me someday!

Love, Hugs and Energetic Weight Loss Vibes!
    ~MB~
  • PaulFromEssex
    Options
    Well done you ... and so wonderfully wrote! :flowerforyou:
  • HollyHobbitToes
    HollyHobbitToes Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Thank you, everyone!
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Love it!
  • NHoughton13
    NHoughton13 Posts: 303
    Options
    Great post . Keep on smiling and that reflection will NEVER have the upper hand ever again.
    ^^THIS!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!