Russian Gymnast Diet?

Anyone currently doing this?

Replies

• CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    No, and posting about it on the boards is a violation of the terms of this site.
  • I apologize.
  • Zosimah
    Zosimah Posts: 54 Member
    No, and posting about it on the boards is a violation of the terms of this site.

How so? Perhaps explaining the dangers and why it's forbidden would be better?
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    I imagine it consists of "eating the flesh of those who stumble on the balance beam."
  • jonnythan
    Looks like it's actually a crazy "pretty much anorexia" diet where you eat about 150 calories worth of carbs and nothing else every day.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Do you mean the idiotic nonsense starvation diet found on tumblr and pro-ana blogs?
    Or do you mean eating like an actual gymnast - presumably a TON of calories to fuel some gruesome intense workouts?
  • jonnythan
    Do you mean the idiotic nonsense starvation diet found on tumblr and pro-ana blogs?
    Or do you mean eating like an actual gymnast - presumably a TON of calories to fuel some gruesome intense workouts?

Heh. If an actual gymnast ate like that, they would pass out midway through their first workout.

Where do these names come from? Has anyone ever seen an actual gymnast?
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member

Heh. If an actual gymnast ate like that, they would pass out midway through their first workout.

I have seen em. And the female gymnasts eat 2500 calories without much trouble...
  • Sqeekyjojo
    Sqeekyjojo Posts: 704 Member

They just fixate upon pictures of the little girls that competed in the 1970s and don't notice that even the prepubescent ones had muscles.
  • mummyzena
    mummyzena Posts: 259 Member
    One of the olympic gymnasts followed this diet apparently. That's why it"s deemed "acceptable".xx
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    One of the olympic gymnasts followed this diet apparently. That's why it"s deemed "acceptable".xx

Don't be Russian to conclusions now...
  • mummyzena
    mummyzena Posts: 259 Member

Don't be Russian to conclusions now...

Well they say an apple a day keeps the doctor away...
  • jonnythan

If any Olympic athlete followed this diet for more than a day or two, they would have been unable to compete.

Except maybe in curling.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member

I know nothing about this diet, but the idea that gymnasts, skaters, dancers and other athletes in sports where appearance is important don't occasionally do crazy things strikes me as naive.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    It says that "dinner" is a glass of water and an apple. That's barely even a snack, much less a meal. Please just eat a reasonable amount of food. Please.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    No, as I like to think of myself as sensible, for the most part,
  • jonnythan

I know nothing about this diet, but the idea that gymnasts, skaters, dancers and other athletes in sports where appearance is important don't occasionally do crazy things strikes me as naive.

... Do you really think an Olympic gymnast would, for one second, eating some stupid diet that would negatively impact their actual performance?
  • One of the olympic gymnasts followed this diet apparently. That's why it"s deemed "acceptable".xx

If any Olympic athlete followed this diet for more than a day or two, they would have been unable to compete.

Except maybe in curling.

LoL
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    If you're considering eating in a manner that is unsafe or unhealthy, i.e., not eating and calling it a diet, please reconsider.

At least eat what your body needs to maintain healthy function.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    What? I was a Parkette for many years and all we did was eat an extreme amount of carbs, very little protein but this was the 80's. I don't know where this diet comes from but in the U.S. all we did was eat! If this has something to do with that stupid CNN documentary on the Parkettes and how harsh it was, bull! I loved Donna and Bill, the pushed me to my limits but never to injury.

Someone made this to contradict those bashing the coaches, I like it. http://youtu.be/OUfcSSGPJ2M
This discussion has been closed.