Silly question maybe but what are your thoughts?

Options
2»

Replies

• misssiri
    misssiri Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    When these topics come up and someone says "listen to your body and eat when you are hungry", it's crap. None of us are here because we "know how to listen to our bodies". The other problem is with low calories for a long time is the "I'm not hungry and I can barely eat 1200". This is because people don't eat enough. After damage is done to the metabolism, this is what happens. I don't understand why people don't want to eat more when they can.

I wish we could let go of the mindset that one must suffer to lose weight. EAT THE FOOD!! Net at least your BMR.
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    The doctor is Dr Yoni Freedoff, his specialty is bariatrics, which is the study of the science of metabolism. He uses a well rounded program of weight loss, diet, exercise, psychology and has dieticians, psychologists and fitness instructors that he uses to help people acheive their goals. He measures your resting metabolic rate in order to measure how many calories you need to just do your everyday living (including sleep) and based on that amount of calories adds diet and exercise to get your metabolism working more efficiently and cutting back on calories in order to lose the extra weight.....it's not a quick fix but it works for me because it incorporates a healthier life style and the big plus is that you work with food in a way that promotes weight loss without feeling like you're starving all the time.....so he is well versed in weight lose and everything about it.:smile:

That doesn't mean that he'd want the advice he gave to you to be generalized to the rest of the species. He also knows you and your situation infinitely better than he knows the rest of us, assuming he doesn't have any other patients here. For one thing, he knows you are under medical supervision, and if he's any good at his job he has a pretty good idea of what sort of exercise you do. I doubt he'd give the same advice to a marathon runner that he would to someone whose idea of exercise is walking around the block a few times after dinner.