Flat Stomach?

Options
I've lost 12 pounds so far and really my only problem is my stomach. I know you can't spot reduce fat..but what are some ways that will flatten my stomach along the way?

Replies

• VeinsAndBones
    VeinsAndBones Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce... You'll lose inches all over there's no place that you will lose faster.
  • Mommy4812
    Mommy4812 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    You could try Jillian Michaels 6 week 6 pack paired with some cardio...
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Weight training will burn more fat than cardio exercises. Do you weight train?
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    You could try Jillian Michaels 6 week 6 pack paired with some cardio...

This won't do anything to "flatten your stomach"

Flat stomachs are made in the kitchen, not in they gym. Everyone has a 6 pack. You need to eat right, continue to work out and have patience as the fat comes off. I can't remember the last time I did an "abnominal" exercise.
  • wljmdj
    wljmdj Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi I just joined fitness pal but lost 16 lbs on my own before I joined. My stomach area was my issue. What I do is focus my exercises on the needed area more than any other area. I have even dedicated Wednesdays for stomach attention. Hope this helps good look.
  • jcperkns
    jcperkns Posts: 109
    Options
    Weight training will burn more fat than cardio exercises. Do you weight train?

^^^This. Muscle burns fat. Once you start lowering overall body fat, then the belly fat should start to go down.
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    One of the ways to help your stomach appear flatter is to keep your sodium in check and don't eat too many foods that cause bloating.
  • skiersteve12345
    skiersteve12345 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    keep losing fat and you will eventually have a flat stomach, make sure you weight train as well, woman who dont lift make me want to cry
  • cattrill
    cattrill Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Just keep up the good work! For me, the stomach fat was the last to go and took ages after everywhere else but have faith it will eventually go :)
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Hi I just joined fitness pal but lost 16 lbs on my own before I joined. My stomach area was my issue. What I do is focus my exercises on the needed area more than any other area. I have even dedicated Wednesdays for stomach attention. Hope this helps good look.

Yep, can't spot reduce.
  • JeanDescole
    JeanDescole Posts: 152
    Options
    I have the opposite problem, my stomach keeps decreasing and but only I see it whearas my arms seem to be getting fatter by the day and all I want to do is where short sleeves and camis!
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    this is my hardest area to lose the weight also, I have found that kettlebells are helping quite a bit though, kettlenetics is a great one to start.
  • Griffin220x
    Griffin220x Posts: 399
    Options
    A caloric deficit. Right now I'm trying LISS cardio. Low intensity steady state cardio, but I'm doing it on an empty stomach as soon as I wake up. I hear people rave about and swear by it, however like all things you need to see if its for you. I've been doing it for two weeks I haven't noticed anything to drastic yet, but we'll see.

40 mins in the morning 7-9% incline at 3 mph twice a week.

Sometimes I'll do HIIT once or twice a week too.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    >knows you can't spot reduce
    >asks how to spot reduce