Any Migraine Sufferers?

Options
124»

Replies

• monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I got rid of wheat and my migraines vanished. I also take magnesium regularly. You could try those first and see if they help. I know for me, the wheat definitely gave me migraines.

I would also start keeping a food diary and maybe eat only home cooked food for a while. Your trigger could be a preservative or something you're eating in some sort of preprepared food. If you switch to a bland diet, and track it, you can see if they start to vanish. If yes, you can slowly add one item for a few days and see what happens. I know some preservatives trigger migraines and some people get them from diet drinks. My mom can't touch any diet drinks at all.

Monica
  • Beachtreasures
    Beachtreasures Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Well, since I posted this I have spoken to a new Naturopathic Doctor and Herbalist. My personal preference is to find a natural holistic approach to migraine control.

I know a lot of you use magnesium, but I am in a very small percentile of people who had the adverse reaction to magnesium and ended up with rapid heartbeat and anxious.

When I get a migraine I wake up with it, so he has suggested that I drink Feverfew / Lemongrass tea a couple of hours before bed. This tea is a herbal, caffeine free tea. I sourced out Feverfew after an outside person suggested that they had great relief from migraine pain after starting Feverfew, plus a couple of you also suggested Feverfew. He also suggested a natural stress relief remedy just before I turn out the lights.

I am starting this daily routine tonight and will let everyone know how I make out!

Fingers crossed.
  • Beachtreasures
    Beachtreasures Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    doctors were no help to me at all concerning these issues, they only wanted to give me a pill for the migraine that made me sick.

Same here, and this drives me crazy.