60 pounds in 2 years!

Options
lizzyb83
lizzyb83 Posts: 107 Member
So my computer is being wonky, and won't let me post my pictures in the post, but you can see it in my profile picture.

To some, 60 pounds in 2 years may not seem like a lot. When you break it down, it's only 2.5 pounds a month. I have seen that a lot of posters are looking drop so much more so much faster.

When I started my journey, I did it all wrong! 2-3 hours every night in the gym, starving myself! I dropped a lot of weight fast! But I felt TERRIBLE! And I gained it back!

Once I found the right workout for me (my soul mate workout, really!), a good nutrition plan, and an amazing support and accountability group (coolest group of moms I ever met!) every thing changed for me! I lost the weight slower, but it has STAYED off in those 2 years! Now, I had times I was stuck for weeks at the same weight (mostly bc of my eating!) and there were times it might have gone up a couple pounds instead of down (again, diet!!) I have stayed steady! I made a lifestyle change that I will have no problem keeping up forever! I still eat junk, candy, bread, wine, beer, whatever! But I have learned to do it in moderation, and how to fill me meals with healthy options!

I really hope more people can look at this as a journey, not a race! It can be done, and you don't have to starve or be a slave to the gym! Enjoy your life, enjoy being healthy!

Replies

• Jamcnair
    Jamcnair Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    You're right! Slow and steady can win the race :) Congrats!
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    You look awesome. Congratulations!
  • sozisfitnow
    sozisfitnow Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Fantastic and it should stay off!:flowerforyou:
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Love your attitude, and you look fantastic! Really well done. :flowerforyou:
  • lizzyb83
    lizzyb83 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! I know we all have our gimmicks and tricks to losing weight. I just hope more can learn that we can do it right, healthy, and make it last forever!
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Nice job!
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Great job. I too have found my "soul mate" workout :wink:
  • bhb301
    bhb301 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Glad you found out what works for you. You look awesome!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!