The Stupid Scale

Options
Hi everyone!

I just need to share my very dissapointing moment today. A little background first. I live in San Pedro on Ambergris Caye in Belize. A local group here is doing a weight loss challenge and I had joined. I kinda didn't really start working until last week (challenge has been going for 3 weeks) So for the last few days I have counted my calories and worked out (which I didn't do prior). I have seen a small diffrence in clothes and the mirror and was very excited. So this evening I was at Lime (the place that is hosting the challenge) and even though the official weigh in is every friday I decided to weigh myself.
Imagine my shock when the scale showed a 5lb gain. I freaked and was feeling really low. I was expecting a one pound loss but no.
This is a digital scale with a glass top. Well luckily one of the other challengers came in and asked me why I looked so down. I told her about my 5 lb gain she then told me she tried the scale yesterday and she was up 4 lbs from her scale at home and at the doctors. I can tell you it made me feel relieved. I am not sure what my loss is but I know it is a loss. A tourist overheard our conversation and asked us what kind of scale we were using. We showed him the scale. He gave us the best advise. This scale is not ment for 10 people who are all over 150 - 300 lbs to weigh in back to back.

So what did this teach me. To trust my feelings. Since I feel a diffrence in my clothes I should worry about what one scale says I weigh. I know feel more motivated then ever. The way I figure it out is even with the error in the scale as long as the scale has the same error every week then I will be fine.

Thanks for listening to my rant. Off to watch Biggest Loser!