Having a hard time etting rid of the last 10lbs.

Options
I have been working so hard to get the last 10lbs off. I have really increased my workout from 60 min to 80 min a day. I am also up to burning over 1000 calories with my workout. I am trying to get get close to my calories, but since I have been burning up so much wtih my exercise there is noway i can take in an extra 1000 calories a day.. I am losing about 1lb a week. I just feel with all that I am doing i should be losing at least 2 lbs a week. Any advice would be great. Thanks and good luck to everyone.:explode:

Replies

• MattySparky
    MattySparky Posts: 771
    Options
    have you added any strength training to your regimen?
  • spritie
    spritie Posts: 167
    Options
    If your loosing your last 10lb at a rate of 1lb a week your doing amazingly. It is unrealistic to expect to loose that last bit more quickly. That your loosing at a rate of 1lb as opposed to 0.25-0.5lb is great.

Don't get discouraged, and keep up the good work.
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Maybe you need to do the opposite to shock your system and jump start your metabolism by reducing your workouts and eating more. You might not be getting enough fuel for yoru body by working out that much...
  • amm114
    amm114 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I've heard the last 10 to 15 pounds are the hardest to lose. I don't know what the science is behind that. Have you ever seen "Super Size Me"? At the end of that, the guy works to lose all the weight he gained... and it takes him about the same amount of time to lose the last 5 lbs as it did for him him to lose the other 100 or however much he gained (I don't remember anymore).
  • sallerina
    Options
    I'm having a similar problem. I seem to be working really hard and not getting much in return in terms of weight loss. But I keep telling myself this could be added muscle weight, as muscle weighs heavier than fat, and that may be the case with you if you've been working out extra hard.

I don't seem to really see the difference in my body shape either as I look at myself everyday, but someone I haven't seen for a few months the other day said they couldn't believe the difference, so my body shape must be toning up and changing even if the scales aren't really reflecting that.

A pound a week though is still good, and in 10 weeks time you'll be done :) and how quickly do 10 weeks fly by!

Keep up the good work.

Sal x
  • bebbjeb
    bebbjeb Posts: 134
    Options
    Sounds like you are doing great. The last 10lbs is the hardest to lose. We've started a support group called The Last 10. It's under the General Diet and Weight Loss category. Please everyone join us so we can share ideas and motivate eachother.