Daily versus weekly calarie count???

Options
2»

Replies

• tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Should your weekly net calories be 0 at the end of the week or under?

Your net daily calories should be close to your MFP daily calorie goal, which would make your net weekly close to net daily x 7. Your net is your calorie goal plus exercise, which is why eating back at least half your exercise calories, sometimes more, is recommended.
  • Mommy2nicolas
    Mommy2nicolas Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    So at the end of the week should my weekly total be at o meaning I ate all my calories for the week. Sorry to ask again, I'm just confused.
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    Whatever you, you need to do it for life.
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Ok I have no idea what's best, but is it ok to do a weekly calorie count rather than daily, it's much harder for me at weekends with husband and kids at home, and could do with say 200 extra calaries both days. Can I slightly lessen the calaries on the 5 other days say around a 100 each day to allow for weekend? Or will that mess up things? Generally I'm aiming for 1350 a day. Thanks

I'm going to say no .... you have a daily allotted calorie goal, your supposed to meet it. You can't just eat less 1 day and then eat a ton the next for instance this wont work. I would suggest that since you are worried on the weekends do a little bit more excersize to offset the extra calories.

I'm not saying I am right this is just my advice ...
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    So at the end of the week should my weekly total be at o meaning I ate all my calories for the week. Sorry to ask again, I'm just confused.

For example, say your goal is 1,500 calories per day. Your weekly calories are 10,500.

If you exercise and get an additional 200 calories for the day and eat your 1,500, your net is now 1,300. Do that everyday and your weekly net is 9,100. So you should eat your exercise calories back and get your net close to your 1,500 goal.

If your net was at 0, that would mean that you're exercising quite a bit every day and not eating any of those calories back. I for one would find it hard to fuel big workouts without extra food.

Your daily net shows on your homepage - the weekly net shows on the app.
  • baycat107
    baycat107 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I think it's fine. Probably even better to go under a few days, and then go over a couple days, as long as it averages out in the end. I used to keep a spreadsheet that tracked my average calorie intake. As long as I averaged 1600, I was losing weight. I lost 40 pounds doing that. Good luck!