Introduction

Options
I am totally new to this.I am stepping out of my comfort zone. I want to lose 150 pounds. I feel more positive that I can make the changes to improve my life.I am a very shy person so bare with me. I live near Port Jervis, NY. On the border with NJ and PA. I am here to learn and accept support. I am also here so that group members can count on my support for them. I figure we are all on this similar but unique journey. Any help is appreciated.

Replies

• pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Hi, good choice getting on this site. This site will help you alot if you are determined to lose the weight. In Sept 2013 I will have been here 2 years.My prfile says I have lost 35 lbs, but really it is 48 lbs( lost a little before I joined) My advice is to really work the food diary, It will help you learn what a serving size is. Measuring cups and a food scale can be very helpful in this. Look around the site and read. Take the info that will work for you and leave the rest. Don't make this a diet, make a way of eating that you can continue the rest of your life. I have been maintaining my weight for about 6 mos. now. I still log everyday cause thats what works for me I hope this little bit of advice helps you, you can add me as a friend here if you want .
  • witchblade
    witchblade Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much. I admire your success :smile: