Increasing My Odds to Succeed!

Options
What is it that little note says? 3x more likely when you have friends? Yeah, that's why I'm here.

I'm 30 years old- actually, closer to 31 now....and I've set a goal to be the way I want to be for the rest of my life for age 32. I set this goal back in October. I had my daughter two days after I turned 30. I have an almost 3 year old and an 8 month old...and I'm finished having the babies!

According to the BMI thingamajig, I need to lose 100 lbs to be considered "healthy". Oh yes, I'm overweight and I look overweight, but I'm not unstoppable. I can run a mile. I even did a 5k on Thanksgiving Day. I have a history of physical activity, so I am going to contribute my abilities to muscle memory. But I'm still overweight, and really up until this last week, I've been pretty sedentary.

I'm making these changes in my life, primarily, for my little ones. No worries, it's for me too, but a lot of my habits came from how my mother lived, and not all of those were great. She died at age 47 in a car accident, but ultimately, it wasn't from the car accident, but rather it was from her poor health and her body's inability to cope with the trauma of the accident. She was incredibly over weight, and had developed COPD from years of smoking. In addition, she was a recovered/recovering drug addict and alcoholic. There are a lot of habits I'm trying to change.
(I never drank nor smoked, much less used hard drugs...fyi).

So, for my babies, I want healthy eating and frequent and consistent physical activity to be the norm. I've been on MFP consistently every day this past week, (I initially signed up in October though) and it has been incredibly educational by providing awareness of my eating habits and how physical activity plays a part of that.

I love the apps and barcode tool. I use that one a lot.

I'm committed to this, and I have plenty of time to do it. But I don't want to stop once I do, and I expect to utilize this FREE program to the fullest.

So, y'know, help me increase my odds to succeed and friend me. :) Let's do this together.

Replies

• tammymichelestrickland
    Options
    I think its great that you already have a very physical background... I on the other hand do not... and it makes it sooooo difficult to get off my butt and move... I wish you the best... and yes.. we are all here to help each other!!! so good luck... and I'm here...
  • cherylatkwechanged
    cherylatkwechanged Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    What is it that little note says? 3x more likely when you have friends? Yeah, that's why I'm here.

I'm 30 years old- actually, closer to 31 now....and I've set a goal to be the way I want to be for the rest of my life for age 32. I set this goal back in October. I had my daughter two days after I turned 30. I have an almost 3 year old and an 8 month old...and I'm finished having the babies!

According to the BMI thingamajig, I need to lose 100 lbs to be considered "healthy". Oh yes, I'm overweight and I look overweight, but I'm not unstoppable. I can run a mile. I even did a 5k on Thanksgiving Day. I have a history of physical activity, so I am going to contribute my abilities to muscle memory. But I'm still overweight, and really up until this last week, I've been pretty sedentary.

I'm making these changes in my life, primarily, for my little ones. No worries, it's for me too, but a lot of my habits came from how my mother lived, and not all of those were great. She died at age 47 in a car accident, but ultimately, it wasn't from the car accident, but rather it was from her poor health and her body's inability to cope with the trauma of the accident. She was incredibly over weight, and had developed COPD from years of smoking. In addition, she was a recovered/recovering drug addict and alcoholic. There are a lot of habits I'm trying to change.
    (I never drank nor smoked, much less used hard drugs...fyi).

So, for my babies, I want healthy eating and frequent and consistent physical activity to be the norm. I've been on MFP consistently every day this past week, (I initially signed up in October though) and it has been incredibly educational by providing awareness of my eating habits and how physical activity plays a part of that.

I love the apps and barcode tool. I use that one a lot.

I'm committed to this, and I have plenty of time to do it. But I don't want to stop once I do, and I expect to utilize this FREE program to the fullest.

So, y'know, help me increase my odds to succeed and friend me. :) Let's do this together.
    You've already started to lose by just joining, welcome and enjoy your journey. I know I am and if I can help then feel free to ask xxx