Anyone here a Mystery lover?

jbutterflye
jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
I'm a huge fan of the mystery genre. Love the British murder mysteries by Agatha Christie and PD James, love Sherlock Holmes, whodunnit novels & stories, crime drama on television like CSI, games, etc. I found local mystery dinner theater that I can't wait to go check out. Anyone else?

Replies

• jbutterflye
    Does a body in the lib'ry make you giddy too? :love:
  • dirtnap63
    dirtnap63 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Nah, I get enough mystery around here.

Me: Who made this mess?
    Kid1: Not me
    Kid 2: Wasn't me
    Dog: huh?

This scene repeats itself al least 5 times a day.
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    I LOVE books but I HATE reading.
  • diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    I do! I also love reading. Several years ago when I was travelling round Australia, each town I went to I'd find a second hand bookshop and buy a book. I read all the Agatha Christie stories on that holiday!!
  • There is someone on here who is a huge, huge fan of murder / mystery.

Their name is [BANG] arrrrgggggg ... their ... nnnname .....isssss.....huuuuuuu ........ [THUD]
  • jade2112
    jade2112 Posts: 272 Member
    We could be twins.

Mysteries are pretty much all I read and watch on TV. They know me by name at the library. One of the librarians, as I was checking out, said to me, "I don't know about you with all the books you read in this genre." I just smiled back.

I discovered Netflix and for $8 a month I can watch all the British mysteries I want starting from the first episode to the last. Right now it's Inspector Foyle. No need to wait for them to come on PBS any more.

I'm also addicted to those true crime stories on the ID channel and must have over 50 recorded right now. I don't know if I'll ever get through them all.

Glad to meet another mystery addict.
  • dwalt15110
    dwalt15110 Posts: 246 Member
    When I taught, we read many of the Agatha Christie books. Every day after we read, they would write on a piece of paper who did it. We had so much fun and they even began reading other Agatha Christie books on their own.
  • horsewhisper91
    horsewhisper91 Posts: 456 Member
    Does Scooby-Doo count? :laugh:

Now serious, Sherlock Holmes.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    I am a mystery "lover". Thee Mystery lover or was it Misery Lover, idk Just caught in another bad romance
  • Ataris9
    Ataris9 Posts: 12 Member
    I love reading mysteries, however I don't visit the library all that often anymore. Nook Tablet owner in the house! :P JK. I am anticipating the new season of Sherlock on BBC. Right now I'm watching Bones on netflix, I guess i'm a latecomer to the series.
  • JeanDescole
    JeanDescole Posts: 152
    I live for stuff like this whether its reading Miss Marple to watching CSI and Sherlock to playing mystery video games :)
  • jbutterflye
    There is someone on here who is a huge, huge fan of murder / mystery.

Their name is [BANG] arrrrgggggg ... their ... nnnname .....isssss.....huuuuuuu ........ [THUD]

Oh no! Now I'll never find out!! Oh wait, there's a footprint...
  • jbutterflye
    We could be twins.

Mysteries are pretty much all I read and watch on TV. They know me by name at the library. One of the librarians, as I was checking out, said to me, "I don't know about you with all the books you read in this genre." I just smiled back.

I discovered Netflix and for $8 a month I can watch all the British mysteries I want starting from the first episode to the last. Right now it's Inspector Foyle. No need to wait for them to come on PBS any more.

I'm also addicted to those true crime stories on the ID channel and must have over 50 recorded right now. I don't know if I'll ever get through them all.

Glad to meet another mystery addict.

That's awesome! :bigsmile:

:drinker:
  • jbutterflye
    Does Scooby-Doo count? :laugh:

Now serious, Sherlock Holmes.

You bet Scooby doo counts! I used to watch that everyday after school for awhile. Would've kept doing it too, if it weren't for those meddling kids! :grumble:
  • jbutterflye
    I live for stuff like this whether its reading Miss Marple to watching CSI and Sherlock to playing mystery video games :)

I'm a big fan of those hidden object games. Especially the ones that have little puzzles to solve. There are some good computer games of Agatha Christie & Sherlock Holmes too, that are not the hidden object ones.
  • angserino
    angserino Posts: 59
    Nah, I get enough mystery around here.

Me: Who made this mess?
    Kid1: Not me
    Kid 2: Wasn't me
    Dog: huh?

This scene repeats itself al least 5 times a day.

So funny!! Sounds like my house! Not me does almost everything around here!
  • AmazonRDH
    AmazonRDH Posts: 203 Member
    ok i was expecting something way different here.....................:grumble:
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Mystery lover here! Read everything from Patricia Cornwell, Kathy Reichs (loved the books long before the tv show came out,) Preston and Child, Jefferson Bass, ect. Watch CSI and have been banned from seeing movies like Contagion and Outbreak in theaters (apparently, the other viewers do not like to hear at that critical moment of silence about the test results "THEY DID IT WRONG!!!")