simple question which one should i eat

Options
2»

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    If you don't have access to the nutritional content, I'd go for the "whole wheat". The flat bread might be quite nutritious, but like wraps, those are sometimes not.

If you have access to the nutritional information on it go for the one with the most fiber, fewest ingredients, most "whole grain".

That's what I ment "wraps" at my house we call them flat bread so stay away from wraps?
    I didn't say that. I said look at the info. Some are great, some are overly processed, and lack any nutrients. I would opt for the one that offers the most bang for my buck. And yes, tastes good. I know whole wheat bread tastes good. If you don't have the nutritional info and you know the whole wheat bread is really whole wheat bread (not just brown), I'd eat that.

Another thing to consider, when eating out, wraps can get quite big when stuffed, and quite high in calories.
  • PaulJRaymond
    PaulJRaymond Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Chapattis are delicious wholewheat Indian flatbreads. For bread, very healthy and tasty
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    Whole grain, whole wheat bread. There is a big difference.
  • kelsully
    kelsully Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Flat bread or whole wheat bread?

if calories are the same look at fiber and taste.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Which one do you want to eat?
  • timpicks
    timpicks Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Neither. Bread is a bad food delivery system. Try to not eat bread for a few weeks and you will have some great insight on your eating habits. It's tough to do forever and I'm not really suggesting that you do: bread isn't bad for most people in moderation as with most things. But simple is better and here's all the no's in my "diet": no bread or wheat based bread-like things (OK, very little, none is hawwwd), no white potatoes, no deep fried food, no soda. My food diaries are open if you want to see what all the yes's are--there are a lot of them. And if you do eat bread, try to find ones that do not have high fructose corn syrup.