Open Food Diaries! :)

Options
Hi everybody! I need motivation & ideas of eating less than 1200cal :)

Replies

• seena511
    seena511 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    idea: don't do it.
    ETA motivation: so you don't die.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    My food diary is always open and you're welcome to look at it anytime, but I don't eat below 1200 calories.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    You won't get it from me - you shouldn't eat less than 1200 calories. :noway:

Eat too little for too long, and you're giving your body a reason to store fat rather than burn it. My food diary is open as well, and I eat 1950+ calories a day and still lose fat/weight. Food is fuel!
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    The more whole veggies you eat the more food you can eat and the more calories will fill you up for a smaller number. Ensuring proper nutrition is always smarter than limiting JUST calories for the sake of limiting calories.
  • KevDaniel
    KevDaniel Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    You won't get it from me - you shouldn't eat less than 1200 calories. :noway:

Eat too little for too long, and you're giving your body a reason to store fat rather than burn it. My food diary is open as well, and I eat 1950+ calories a day and still lose fat/weight. Food is fuel!

I'm sorry but these blanket statements of "you should never eat under 1200 cals" is kind of off base. There are so many factors to consider.

If the person is unable to exercise, has severe obesity issues, has a reduce metabolism, or other viable reasons it is quite acceptable in some circumstances to eat 1200 or even less.

Also not all calories are created equal, if you eat mostly veggies you can eat quite a bot of food and still be under 1200 calories.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    I have mine set at 1300. Some days are less some says are more.

I have my doctor's thumbs up on my settings...blah blah blah...

Feel free to add me.