Chia seeds...

Options
acm2789
acm2789 Posts: 29 Member
...how do you incorporate them into your diet?

Replies

• ajoy4me
    ajoy4me Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I put them in the smoothies that I eat for breakfast. Soak them in water for 10 minutes first.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    get the chia cookbook from the library.
  • Stefbye
    Stefbye Posts: 1
    Options
    Only 2 table spoons/day gives you 100% of your Oméga 3 daily needs. Right... Smoothies, cereals, soups, salads, yogurts, juices, sauces, dressings and even a healthy chocolate pudding made of .... 3tbsp of chia seeds and 1cup of chocolate soy milk. Mix it, let it rest for 40min until the texture becomes similar to tapioca pudding. Top with shredded coconut and enjoy!
  • msleanlegs
    msleanlegs Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I add them to my oatmeal. Also mix them with crunchy cereal and chocolate chips.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I add them to my yogurt/peanut butter and to oatmeal.
  • timeforme_2013
    timeforme_2013 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    add them to smoothies, if you dont want to soak them you can buy the powder, sold at bulk stores, same thing just in powder form.
  • acm2789
    acm2789 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • mona_patty
    mona_patty Posts: 170
    Options
    I put them in the smoothies that I eat for breakfast. Soak them in water for 10 minutes first.

I don't soak them, but maybe I should so my smoothie wont be so crunchy lmao!
  • WilliamsPeggy
    WilliamsPeggy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I add them to homemade fruit & vegetable juice, and to homemade smoothies.
  • ldbuster0
    ldbuster0 Posts: 207
    Options
    Bumping for ideas
  • Jennymcwb
    Jennymcwb Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I cut up an apple, add 1 tablespoon chia seeds and 1 tsp of peanut butter. Microwave it all together for a yummy apple crispy treat.