Newly Diagnosed With MS

Options
Hello, My name is Kai, I am 25 y/o and was recently diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis. This has kinda of given me a kick in the pants about my health factors in alot of areas. My husband and I have started walking and I do little excersizes as I can around the house. Any one that has any tips on how to maximize my efforts without a gym membership would be amazing. I try to spend at least an hour a day doing -something- that makes me break a sweat!

Any help or Support would be totally AWESOME. Thanks!

Replies

• foxywife75
    foxywife75 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend. My dad has suffered from MS since I was 12 & I just had an uncle diagnosed as well.
    I can give you some tips to help you out.
  • Eava57
    Eava57 Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your diagnosis. My boss was diagnosed last year. She is 44 y/o. She still rides her bike and goes running. I bought the Jilliam Michael 30 Day Shred DVD for $8.00 at Costco. It is a really good workout. I also use the Leslie Sansome walking tapes. They aren't as intense but the keep you moving. I wish you the best.:flowerforyou:
  • Eava57
    Eava57 Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    P.S. I would love to be your pal too. I can ask my boss which sites she recommends for you.
  • guidosgal
    guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Hi there :flowerforyou:

I am sorry about you having learned that you have to learn how to live with M.S. My name is Pam and I was Dx 10 years ago :noway: first off you can manage it and do really well. Plrease feel free to add me as a friend too!! I know that for my self I do wii fit but I make sure I keep a chair close for balance. Also a bought some Tricord resistance band (comes with a DVD) they are fairly easy and give to a good workout without being to taxing. I would be happy to make you a list of things that work if you would like :bigsmile: Also you can look up Denise Austin online she has tons of exersizes that you can do at home without having to buy anything. She dose lots of articals for Womans day or Family circle with lots of tips and info.:wink:
  • KalB
    KalB Posts: 42
    Options
    Im sorry you get to learn a new way of living. My mom has MS and it is one of those that hits everyone differently. I know that the wii is really good and there are tons of things for to get in shape. But my best advice would be to take it slow and listen to your body. I have known several people with MS who getting to hot can set off an exaserbation(sp) I know my mom swims alot because its low impact. But pleace feel free to add me as a friends .
  • jessicajoy87
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your diagnosis. My boss was diagnosed last year. She is 44 y/o. She still rides her bike and goes running. I bought the Jilliam Michael 30 Day Shred DVD for $8.00 at Costco. It is a really good workout. I also use the Leslie Sansome walking tapes. They aren't as intense but the keep you moving. I wish you the best.:flowerforyou:

I have the 30n day shred and about 5 Leslie Sansome DVD's. I haven't done the 30 day shred but I absolutely love the Leslie Sansome workouts!
  • ♥seoid♥
    ♥seoid♥ Posts: 476
    Options
    {{{hugs}}} so sorry. :flowerforyou: