Merp. My adventure at Vicky Secrets /: Depressed

Options
Alright well I got fitted for a bra. Apparently, I'm a "B" cup. Not so much an issue. What has got me down is the bandwidth. I'm a 42 in bandwidth and it kind of got me down. Especially when I thought I was a 36 C. I guess I need to burn some more fat, hm?

Replies

• aradje01
    aradje01 Posts: 12
    Options
    I know how you feel. I went into Victoria's Secret and got fitted for a bra and they had me at a 40 C. ): Victoria's Secret bras are expensive and it is so hard to find a 40 C at a regular store (they stop at something like 38!) Stay strong and keep on working to lose some inches. Good luck! (:
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry. Those kinds of "surprises" stink. On the plus side, a good fitting bra can make a real difference in how your clothes look - for the better. :wink:
  • a_claire
    a_claire Posts: 61
    Options
    Don't worry about the size! Having a bra that fits is important, and as long as you are happy, who cares about the size? No one will know but you :)
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i wouldnt trust victoria's secret measurements

1) they arent properly trained
    2) they tend to do the old school add 5 or 6 to to the band size which is based on how bras were made in the 50's and not how current bras are made
    3) they tend to fit people in a size they sell.

plus if you look at their websites, many of the chicks wearing the bras arent even wearing the correct bra size. you see tons of side boob spilling, bands pulled up on the back, and bras not lying flat against the the ribcage in between the breasts.

i dont see how VS is even taking seriously as a bra company.

i would suggest you go to a real lingerie boutique and get yourself measured and fitted. a good place will not only be able to tell you this but also suggest a variety of manufacturers and styles that are good for your particular body

ETA The last time i went to VS for sh*ts and giggles they measured me as a 40D. never minf the fact that the band had to be hooked on the tightest hook, i had 4 boobs and the band was riding way up my back :laugh: i'm a 34 H by the way.
  • kassiebby1124
    kassiebby1124 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    I mean, I just want sports bras (which I wouldn't buy from VS anyway), but sometimes I wanna surprise my beau with something pretty :P
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options

2) they tend to do the old school add 5 or 6 to to the band size which is based on how bras were made in the 50's and not how current bras are made

plus if you look at their websites, many of the chicks wearing the bras arent even wearing the correct bra size. you see tons of side boob spilling, bands pulled up on the back, and bras not lying flat against the the ribcage in between the breasts.

i would suggest you go to a real lingerie boutique and get yourself measured and fitted. a good place will not only be able to tell you this but also suggest a variety of manufacturers and styles that are good for your particular body

I agree with all of this.
  • kassiebby1124
    kassiebby1124 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    I don't know if Durham has any lingerie boutiques..
  • icandoit203
    icandoit203 Posts: 170 Member
    Options

ETA The last time i went to VS for sh*ts and giggles they measured me as a 40D. never minf the fact that the band had to be hooked on the tightest hook, i had 4 boobs and the band was riding way up my back :laugh: i'm a 34 H by the way.

This I totally agree.
  • GabsMommy28
    GabsMommy28 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I don't know where you are. But see if you have something called Breakout Bra's near you. They are awesome and have some seriously sexy styles. I'm a 42 FF and I can always find things. You would be better off going to a proper bra boutique to get fitted. Plus they show you the proper fit, meaning when you do the shimmy shake to make sure everything is where it's suppose to be.
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options

Yes, they do. Not a great selection, but worth a shot? Widen your search area or include a nearby city you go to every now and then, maybe?

http://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc=lingerie&find_loc=Durham,+NC&ns=1&ls=3f0f203bf922862c
  • Christylee76
    Christylee76 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Have you ever heard of the Fitting Touch? I plan on going there this week. I have lost weight (yay!) but know of my VS bras fit anymore. They are way overated there anyway!!!!
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Alright well I got fitted for a bra. Apparently, I'm a "B" cup. Not so much an issue. What has got me down is the bandwidth. I'm a 42 in bandwidth and it kind of got me down. Especially when I thought I was a 36 C. I guess I need to burn some more fat, hm?

FYI- You can go to a smaller cup size if you increase the band size. So it would make sense that you're a 36C and a 42B...
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options

If you don't mind coming to Raleigh, there is the Pennyrich Bra Patch where they will fit you properly. It's off from Wake Forest Road.

I was purchasing bras in 36 B for the longest time when I was at my highest weight and couldn't find one that was comfortable. I finally gave in and realized that I was actually a 40 B and I was much more comfortable!
  • aszwarc
    aszwarc Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Ooh, ooh! Try this!!
    http://www.herroom.com/know-your-breasts/Questions.aspx

It goes through all sorts of questions about breast shapes, etc. to help you not only get the right size bra, but also the right style. It's a little NSFW (not safe for work) because of drawings of breasts.

EDIT: it asks for your email address at the end, but you can give them a fake. And they give you a code to get % off your first purchase.
  • proudandprejudiced
    Options
    I feel like my advice is wrong for whatever reason, but just measure yourself! There's plenty of bra size calculators online, I've never had a problem with my bras and I always just measure myself then buy in that size. :)

I should probably add that I buy in that size when I CAN. I'm a 30C and there are hardly ever any bras in that size when I look. Lol.
  • Shana82
    Shana82 Posts: 19
    Options
    Nordstrom! Go get fitted by them instead. So much more knowledgeable. And usually very nice and can tell you brands and styles that will work for your shape.

VS tells me I am a new bra size every time I go in there. Somehow while not changing weight or clothing size over a six month period the last girl tried to tell me I was no longer a 34D but instead a 38C. On the tightest band it was gaping and they tried to tell me that's how it should fit. Of course, because then I wouldn't need one or two new bras, but instead a bunch. I'm on to them :)
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about the size! Having a bra that fits is important, and as long as you are happy, who cares about the size? No one will know but you :)
    I agree:)
    I like to find the bra for myself.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

I agree with this also. All the mainstream (at the mall) bra stores will try to fit you into what they sell. Going to a real lingerie boutique is the only option for people that do not fit those sizes. My band size is 28, so I can't shop there either.
  • xDawnsgrace
    xDawnsgrace Posts: 436
    Options
    I have the opposite problem.): i'm in a 34D(sometimes 34DD), and all the cute bras are for people with smaller breasts. not to mention, in normal stores, the smallest band size for D-DD is 36-38.
  • i wouldnt trust victoria's secret measurements

ME too!! I went to Soma and the lady measuring me came up with the same size bra I was wearing which were way too big! She measured me over my clothes and was argumentative with me actually - saying "well lets try 38 DD first" - I measured myself with my husband's help before and it was 34 F/G depending on brand. I went to Nordstrom and was measured correctly or at least with the same size I had gotten. I tried on 8 different bras- different brands and styles and only really liked two of them so even after a fitting, try on many :). She was terrific and brought me all those bras based on our fitting - I didn't ask for 8 different bras. While I was still losing, I was fitted at Lane Bryant who did a great job as well - accurate and appropriate.