What would you do...here goes nothin'!!

Options
So last summer, I was at the fitness level I wanted to be. I reached my goal and haven't had one since. Now I'm trying to set a new one because my composition has changed, and I'm not satisfied. I must admit that I feel vulnerable adding pics and seeking recommendations but here goes nothin'. I'm debating 30DS; 1/2 marathon training, strength or any variation thereof.

I'm 5'6"; 125#.
March13side.jpg
March13front.jpg
March13back.jpg

If anyone is willing to offer advice, I'd gladly take it!! Thank you!!

Replies

• TooLeftFeet
    TooLeftFeet Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    doesn't look like the pics posted but I opened my profile ;) I'm such a tech dummy
  • BigAndTallSection
    BigAndTallSection Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    From what I have read you need to make your img tags lowercase. Should work if you do that.

I would say that first thing is that you need to switch your goals from losing weight to maintaining if you are happy there. Then you need to add goals like workouts or even just steps in a day. A lot of people seem to be most motivated when they have a goal that they need to meet.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    What would you like to achieve? What are you seeking to change about your body?
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    So last summer, I was at the fitness level I wanted to be. I reached my goal and haven't had one since. Now I'm trying to set a new one because my composition has changed, and I'm not satisfied. I must admit that I feel vulnerable adding pics and seeking recommendations but here goes nothin'. I'm debating 30DS; 1/2 marathon training, strength or any variation thereof.

I'm 5'6"; 125#.
    March13side.jpg
    March13front.jpg
    March13back.jpg

you need to change the IMG to lower case
  • TooLeftFeet
    Options
    I'm looking for less squish. I TRX once a week; I run or spin 2-3 times a week at this point. I just don't want to stay where I am. Does that make sense?
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options

I'm 5'6"; 125#.
    March13side.jpg
    March13front.jpg
    March13back.jpg

img needs to be in lowercase on both ends
  • TooLeftFeet
    Options
    March13side.jpg

test
  • LoraF83
    Options
    I'm looking for less squish. I TRX once a week; I run or spin 2-3 times a week at this point. I just don't want to stay where I am. Does that make sense?

Then you probably need to consider a strength training program. Anything would work (body weight, machines, etc) but free weights produce results quickly.

Strong Lifts 5x5 (or Wendler 5/3/1 or Starting Strength) would be a good starting point. A program like that, which focuses on compound lifting, coupled with a small calorie deficit will help you reduce body fat and reduce the "squish".

Edit to say that these can be done while doing cardio - I do Strong Lifts. It requires 30-45 minutes three times a week. I take spin once a week and run about 3 times a week.

Edit again to say that you look great! But my advice still stands if you're wanting to take it to the next level. Check out the group "Eat, Train, Progress" and/or talk to sarauk2sf for further advice :flowerforyou:
  • johned63
    johned63 Posts: 306 Member
    Options

I'm 5'6"; 125#.
    [img]http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt36/Stinkweed17/fitness before/March13side.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt36/Stinkweed17/fitness before/March13front.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt36/Stinkweed17/fitness before/March13back.jpg[/img]

As mentioned change the IMG to img and also change the %20 to a space.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    I couldn't see the pictures, but you're looking pretty terrific on your profile ......

Keep on truckin' ....... never give up, never surrender !
  • crazy4fids
    crazy4fids Posts: 173
    Options

I'm 5'6"; 125#.
    March13side.jpg
    March13front.jpg
    March13back.jpg

• TooLeftFeet
    Options
    johned63, THANK you!! I was still struggling. Hmmm, it's a little unnerving to see yourself up there, LOL
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    You look great. I can't imagine what you would want to change!
  • TooLeftFeet
    Options
    I should add that I don't have a gym membership, though I do have a bowflex in my basement. I had a membership last year (which was when I really hit my goals). I was taking muscle pump classes and they were AWESOME. I'm watching the papers for weight sets. I guess I really want to know if I can get there with lunges, squats, planks, etc. I can do that on my own and for free. ;)
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    You look great but I recommend weight training to anyone who is physically able to do it.
  • LoraF83
    Options
    I should add that I don't have a gym membership, though I do have a bowflex in my basement. I had a membership last year (which was when I really hit my goals). I was taking muscle pump classes and they were AWESOME. I'm watching the papers for weight sets. I guess I really want to know if I can get there with lunges, squats, planks, etc. I can do that on my own and for free. ;)

You might want to look into the "You Are Your Own Gym" program. It's a good way to use body weight exercises to get in shape. Any strength training applied over a period of time will help you reach your goals. Free weights just get you there faster. That doesn't mean that body weight training won't work. It will - a lot of people are successful with it.
  • TooLeftFeet
    Options
    [Strong Lifts 5x5 (or Wendler 5/3/1 or Starting Strength) would be a good starting point. A program like that, which focuses on compound lifting, coupled with a small calorie deficit will help you reduce body fat and reduce the "squish".

Edit to say that these can be done while doing cardio - I do Strong Lifts. It requires 30-45 minutes three times a week. I take spin once a week and run about 3 times a week.

Edit again to say that you look great! But my advice still stands if you're wanting to take it to the next level. Check out the group "Eat, Train, Progress" and/or talk to sarauk2sf for further advice :flowerforyou:
    [/quote]

Thank you for your time--I will definitely do that. Between work and kids, I want to make sure I'm focusing my energy in the areas that will yield the best results ;)
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Some good weight lifting routines here:
    http://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/women.html

You can start off with something like this:
    http://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/3-day-whole-body-toning-workout.html and follow the video guides.

Eventually move up to a heavier routine once you are comfortable with the exercises and your form and technique.
    http://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/phul-workout
    It's by Brandon Campbell, who also has a YouTube page that is one of the best fitness channels on YouTube:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/CampbellFitnessTV

Or something like Starting Strength or Stronglift 5x5

You can of course do anything else, eg Wendler 531, PHAT, German Volume Training etc

Look at success stories of women who lift heavy, eg
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/903628-one-year-of-barbells-and-ice-cream-my-story-so-far-pics

A lot of people suggest New Rules Of Lifting For Women as a start, I've not read it so can't fully say buy it.

EDIT: The tags need to be lower case [img][/img]
  • silversociety
    silversociety Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I think you look good. =)