Uh, YUM! Chicken dishes that are wonderful!

Options
baileysmom4
baileysmom4 Posts: 242 Member
I have found skinnytaste.com to have fantastic recipes! Here is one I tried tonight. Chicken Rollatini with spinach alla parmgiana. Only about 200 calories per serving!

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/04/chicken-rollatini-with-spinach-alla.html

I also made santa fe chicken in the crockpot today too to have meals for lunch. It's delicious as well!

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/02/crock-pot-santa-fe-chicken-425-pts.html#more

Replies

• baileysmom4
    Options
    Ok, nobody responded to this so I will copy and paste one of the recipes. It really is a great dish! And low calorie. From skinnytaste.com

Chicken Rollatini with Spinach alla Parmigiana
    Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
    Servings: 8 • Serving Size: 1 stuffed breast • Old Points: 4 pts • Points+: 5 pts
    Calories: 194.7 • Fat: 7 g • Protein: 24.2 g • Carb: 7.2 g • Fiber: 1.5 g

8 thin chicken cutlets, 3 oz each
    1/2 cup whole wheat Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
    1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
    6 tablespoons egg whites or egg beaters
    5 oz frozen spinach, squeezed dry of any liquid
    6 tbsp part skim ricotta cheese
    6 oz part skim mozzarella (I used Polly-O)
    olive oil non-stick spray (I use my Misto)
    1 cup pomodoro sauce or your favorite marinara sauce
    salt and pepper to taste

Wash and dry cutlets, season with salt and pepper. Preheat oven to 450°. Lightly spray a baking dish with non-stick spray.
    Combine breadcrumbs and 2 tbsp grated cheese in one bowl and 1/4 cup egg beaters or egg whites in another.

Shred or finely chop 1.5 oz of mozzarella cheese and combine with remaining grated cheese, spinach (make sure you squeeze it dry), 2 tbsp egg beaters, and ricotta cheese.

Lay chicken cutlets down on a working surface and spread 2 tbsp of spinach-cheese mixture on each cutlet. Loosely roll each one and keep seam side down.

Dip chicken in egg mixture, then in breadcrumbs and place seam side down in a baking dish (no toothpicks needed). Repeat with the remaining chicken. When finished, lightly spray with olive oil.

Bake 25 minutes. Remove from oven, top with sauce then cheese.

Bake until cheese is melted and bubbling, about 3 more minutes. Serve with additional sauce on the side and grated cheese.
  • stellcorb
    stellcorb Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Looks good! Thanks for posting!
  • OnlyGrace
    OnlyGrace Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Looks like I will be trying this for dinner tonight! Thanks!
  • lizzue
    lizzue Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    looks really good defo doing that!
  • grillingirl
    grillingirl Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I made chicken last night and it was SO tasty! I mixed 1/4 c dijon mustard, 2 tbsp water, 2 tsp fresh thyme, 1/4 tsp pepper and 1/4 tsp paprika in a bowl. Rolled boneless skinless chicken breasts in it, then in super fine plain breadcrumbs. Put them on a baking sheet lined with foil and tightly covered, and put in the fridg for anywhere from 2-12 hours. Then when ready to bake, put them in a pre-heated 375 degree over for about 40-50 minutes. Super easy and super tasty!!! The chicken stays very moist because of the mustard mix. YUMO!!!
  • baileysmom4
    Options
    bump!!!!
  • digthis79
    digthis79 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am a little confused...do the bread crumbs go on both sides?
  • baileysmom4
    Options
    you kinda have to roll the chicken in the bread crumbs to get it all over.
  • emilyjclark09
    emilyjclark09 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    sounds good I will try this :) thanks for sharing
  • rgagnon1
    rgagnon1 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I cook from skinnytaste at least 3 times a week. Her recipes are AMAZING
  • dupokj
    dupokj Posts: 3
    Options
    thanks for the recipie, I'll try this tomorrow for dinner :)
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    Options
    1 chicken breast cut into 1 inch pieces and sauted with some olive oil spray and some garlic garlic (tastefully simple) then when chicken is done add a tablespoon of cream cheese and a tablespoon of pomegranite chipolte (again tastefully simple) and you have a yummy chicken dish. I had a side of brussell sprouts. Got to thinking though if I made more sauce with it then it could go over some noodles or even rice pilaf and really be a nice chicken dish, but I don't have enough pomegranite chipolte to share with the whole family so I'm the only one who's going to enjoy this dish, although I did share half of the original dish with my husband and he was impressed :)
  • andersonjo0306
    andersonjo0306 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    1 chicken breast cut into 1 inch pieces and sauted with some olive oil spray and some garlic garlic (tastefully simple) then when chicken is done add a tablespoon of cream cheese and a tablespoon of pomegranite chipolte (again tastefully simple) and you have a yummy chicken dish. I had a side of brussell sprouts. Got to thinking though if I made more sauce with it then it could go over some noodles or even rice pilaf and really be a nice chicken dish, but I don't have enough pomegranite chipolte to share with the whole family so I'm the only one who's going to enjoy this dish, although I did share half of the original dish with my husband and he was impressed :)

bump
  • slimcakelady
    slimcakelady Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I've seen that recipe on skinnytaste.com and have it pinned on one of my Pinterest boards. Haven't tried it yet but will do so very soon. Thanks for sharing!
  • MzIrish
    MzIrish Posts: 11,917 Member
    Options
  • baileysmom4
    Options
    I'm making her pasta and asparagus tonight. Will let you know how it is!
  • bilfarb1
    bilfarb1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Misto is a great way to cut the olive oil in your recipes. Thanks for the post I will have to try it.
  • lh1626
    lh1626 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Bump