Musings from my first week

Options
I signed up for MFP over a year ago, and pretty much didn't do anything with it. Surprise, surprise, my weight hasn't changed in that time either! While I doubt that I've lost anything this week (won't weigh 'til Tuesday) I have re-learned some things: 1) how much mindless eating I'm used to doing! There is a reason that tracking food intake works! 2) Once I start with sugar (a cookie, piece of chocolate, etc.) the day goes down hill. I need to figure out a way to resist that urge. The few days that I've done very well, I have stayed completely away from those comfort foods, felt satisfied with what I did eat, and had no trouble staying within my calorie goals. 3) exercise is critical! Those extra calories are awesome, even though I'm not eating all of them back. 4) I took a picture of me in my bathing suit and have it on my phone to look at when I feel the need to indulge...that should keep me in check!

A friend of mine just signed up on MFP yesterday, and we are going to work to keep each other accountable, as we have almost identical goals. I have loved browsing the posts and learning from the group! The success stories here are encouraging, and the struggles are very real! I look forward to success with this group!