Just needing to vent...

Options
2»

Replies

• msliu7911
    msliu7911 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Oh girl I think we've alll been there!

One thing I try to do is instead of thinking back to a whole week gone by and wasted... think about the positive things you did during that week! I'm certain you didn't eat unhealthy ALL week or completely just let yourself go. If you did- you wouldn't be on here. For me, last week was a rough week with a huge exam I had been studying for over the past 6 weeks and craziness at work...so II had some pretty bad meals. HOWEVER, I try to think of the "healthy" meals I had as well and the fact that I actually exercised a few times.

Not only is this whole weight loss thing about burning more calories that you take in... its also a HUGE mental challenge. I feel like thats honestly more than 50% of the battle for me so you are not alone.

Keep your chin up and try to have more positive thoughts. The fact that you're HERE and wanting to take action is a sure sign your ready for success... just know it takes some time.
  • tarriharris5
    tarriharris5 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    That is the greatest way I have heard it said. I have been down that road so many times. This is it now!! New lifestyle it has been a hard one.
  • Heyyleigh
    Heyyleigh Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    ITS OUR SOCIETY, HOW WE GREW UP, HOW WE LIVE, ALL THE INSANE CRAPPY CHOICES OUT THERE. ITS NOT OUR FAULT, YOU HONESTLY NEED WILLPOWER OF STONE TO SURVIVE IT. NO ONE CAN REALLY HELP, YOU MUST DO IT YOURSELF, STOP BUYING THE CRAP THAT CALLS UR NAME, SOMETIMES IN THE BEGINNING THAT IS NECESSARY!

THIS SHYT IS HARD, I LOVE SUGAR AND SALT, BUT I LIKE WEARING A SIZE 3-4 MUCH BETTER.

YOU CAN DO THIS, JUST START EACH DAY WITH THAT ATTITUDE- PUSH THROUGH THE CRAVINGS.

TOMORROW AT WORK WE HAVE A GROUP BIRTHDAY PARTY, I BAKED A SPICE CAKE WITH 7 MINUTE ICING, MY FRIEND A DEATH BY CHOCOLATE CAKE AND.... HOMEMADE RICE CRISPY TREATS. I HAVE DECIDED NOT TO EAT ANY OF IT, I WILL NOT CUT AND SERVE THE CAKES AND I WILL PUT PEPPERMINT GUM IN MY MOUTH BEFORE- I HATE IT AND IT RUINS THE TASTE OF SWEETS!

IF YOU HAVENT WATCHED THE DOCUMENTARY " HUNGRY FOR A CHANGE" DO SO, YOU MIGHT LOVE IT, I DID.
  • SheilaG1963
    SheilaG1963 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    How many times have you sat on your couch at the end of the day on a Sunday and thought to yourself, "Damn...another week down the drain" as you sit there eating something salty or sweet, hating yourself for your lack of willpower?

I have been telling myself for so long that I'm gonna lose weight, tone up, change my eating, drink more water, get more sleep, party less, etc, etc, etc...I'm so over the bullsh*t with myself.

I cannot live like this anymore. I can't spend every day thinking about how much I'd LOVE to be thinner and stronger. I need to make my dream a reality because it is completely possible!

Can anyone relate? I feel so alone and ugly and depressed and pitiful and ashamed...I take full responsibility for my actions, but I have some really bad habits that I need to break because my life depends on it.

:frown:

Wow, are you reading my thoughts This is exactly like I would have written this. We can do this.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    How many times have you sat on your couch at the end of the day on a Sunday and thought to yourself, "Damn...another week down the drain" as you sit there eating something salty or sweet, hating yourself for your lack of willpower?

I did it for more years than you've been alive.

Work hard on doing it now. Even if you only manage one day this week, two days next week. Build up to doing the healthy things if you have to. But don't put it off. Those weeks can turn to years before you realise it.

You're young. Love yourself. Live the best life you can.
  • parmoute
    parmoute Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I am having the same kind of evening but with a different kind of habit (school work that I told myself I'd do this weekend and didn't, again) and am feeling down about it. As a result, I don't feel like feeding myself tonight, and certainly not any of the healthy food that I have in the house (the cupcakes I baked this afternoon though... I could eat about 4 of them!).

Before reading your post I had just inhaled a honey bun, despite the fact that I finally found food to put in the oven. I was on MFP because even though I'd eaten it impulsively, I'd won the battle over whether or not to log it. At first I'd decided that I was in such a bad mood I didn't care. But I do care, even when I think I don't.

I logged that 230 calorie honey bun and I'm going to bed on time tonight (whether I'll sleep or not, though, is another matter). I'll see my personal trainer and my therapist tomorrow and I'll be one more step ahead. It's hard and sometimes it feel impossible, but at least today won't be a step backward.

The problem is that there are so many habits that need to be broken/undone/replaced that aren't inherently health related but that ultimately affect my health through their impact my mood, which then dictates how I treat myself.
  • txbelle01
    txbelle01 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Okay, you know all the things your doing wrong. Think about the things that you do right. As long as you keep up your stinky thinking you will never succeed. U can and you will. Take it meal by meal, take it 5lbs at a time. Do not think of all the weight you have to lose, you will overwhelm yourself. You know already that you want to live a healthier lifestyle. You can do it. It's not going to be easy. I have been doing this for 211 days and down 58lbs. It can be done. I have slipped up and allowed myself to fall into a deep hole nagging myself about eating that piece of cake, pizza, pasta and God forbid CARBS!! lol Snap out of it. It's totally a mental thing, and the good thing about all this is that YOU CAN DO THIS!! Good Luck to you and try to take it one meal at a time, one work out at a time. Sitting on the couch is only going to make you forget the bigger picture here. Lose Weight and Live Longer! :) I promise you once you get your mindset right, it all falls in to place. I had my doubts initially, but IT WILL COME OFF!!
    Ask yourself HOW BAD YOU WANT THIS!!!! :)
  • Mrs_Bones
    Mrs_Bones Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I felt that way for a long time. Truthfully, starting to log my food and fitness here was a huge step in the right direction for me because it made me accountable to myself. It was like, "Fine, I can eat that but I need to workout again today" and changed my perspective. Sometimes you have to stop and evaluate what's stopping you from reaching your goals. The reality is, a surprising number of people have inner psychological reasons why they aren't losing weight. For me, it's fear of failure. I'm afraid to try my very hardest and not accomplish my goals. I'm a perfectionist. So losing weight has taught me how to accept that I'm not perfect and to belive in myself instead of fear. Another great tip I have, I learned from an online nutrition video by Brendan Brazier. He said that when you're starting to eat clean (though you can apply this to any area of your life) instead of focusing on all the bad things you should cut out, focus instead of adding in the good. If you keep piling in the good things, eventually they will crowd out the bad.
  • moonlitdreams2
    Options
    I think we can all relate. I say get a stability ball to sit on rather than your couch; whether you know it or not that it doing something for you. If you need someone to talk to when you feel like this you can always email me and we can motivate each other. Each week take one bad habit and work on quitting it.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options

I have been telling myself for so long that I'm gonna lose weight, tone up, change my eating, drink more water, get more sleep, party less, etc, etc, etc...I'm so over the bullsh*t with myself.

I cannot live like this anymore. I can't spend every day thinking about how much I'd LOVE to be thinner and stronger. I need to make my dream a reality because it is completely possible!

Can anyone relate? I feel so alone and ugly and depressed and pitiful and ashamed...I take full responsibility for my actions, but I have some really bad habits that I need to break because my life depends on it.

Girlll!!!!! That's exactly how it started with me, only it was a Saturday morning. I then went upstairs put some shorts and a t-shirt on, my tennis shoes on, and ran down the street and back.... then the next day, I ran a mile around the block.... and then it just escalated from there because I kept feeling better and better about how I was progressing, and how my energy levels increased.

That was 7 months ago. I couldn't have been happier to make that choice, and thank myself every day for it! xoxoxo
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    When you wake up in the morning ask yourself this: At the end of this day, will I regret what I didn't do or be proud of what I did.

The old Nike ad campaign "Just Do It" isn't enough.

I prefer to OWN this one: "Just Did"

And for me, I have to have some specific goal in mind - a race, a new activity, something like that. Losing weight for the sake of losing weight isn't enough. Getting in shape just to get in shape isn't enough.

I started by signing up for a Sprint Triathlon - that got me started. Each accomplishment was followed by another goal.
  • cookiealbright
    cookiealbright Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Friday was my birthday and I ate all weekend! I just said to m husband that I am pitching out the rest of the cake. It was a good weekend,but its over. Time to move on.
  • berthabunny
    berthabunny Posts: 251 Member
    Options

Thank you for venting.
    You described my exact thoughts until I did change my habits. Now when I feel bad about my weight, I tell myself that I am changing it day by day.
  • bekeyers
    bekeyers Posts: 18
    Options
    Well yes I have absolutely been there. And I hope you don't take offense to this because I say it in order to help and because I have been there. You just gotta cut the crap. Sounds harsh but it's true. I would follow my eating plan and feel fantastic about it and then come a certain time and I would binge eat. One thing after the other after the other until I felt so full I could burst. And I would say the same thing why they hell do I do that, all the hard work down the drain, there must be something wrong with me, I can't control it. So as always I'd beat myself up and then swear in the morning I wouldn't do it again. Until.... and then off I go again.

I believe it's a mind thing. You have to make the decision that you have had enough. As Tony Robbins once said that "making a true decision mean that you cut off all other possibilities" And that's true. Know what your plan is and know there is no "if I's". When you are weak you might hear your voice say "oh I feel like something sweet. I've always had a sweet tooth I need to have something sweet. I'll just have 2 cookies and cut my kjs down for the day." Or something like that. Whenever you hear your voice going into negotiation that's when you pull up and say NO. There is no negotiation, this is what I am 100% committed to.

That's what I believe and I quit smoking that way too. Soon it becomes a habit and a lot easier. I wish you all the best and hope you reach your goal and hope you never feel that way again because its not a nice place to be xx