Working around CRAZY schedules

allykat8
allykat8 Posts: 237
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
For those of you who have crazy schedules and busy lives, how do you manage to fit your workouts in everyday.

I work 9-10 hour days, commute at 2 hours a day, and have a short lunch break. It seems I have to get up before the roosters to get a guarenteed workout in and it is starting to catch up with me. I am exhausted all the time. I would much rather workout when I got home from work, but sometimes that might not be until 6 or so and then making dinner and getting ready for the next day, there doesn't seem to be a lot of time.

Replies

• nobo
    nobo Posts: 13 Member
    Have you ever tried to work a workout into your commute or part of it? How easy this is depends on where you live and the actual distance of your commute, but for example, my old commute was about 45 minutes with a combination of walking and trains. Then I switched to biking two or three days a week - and was amazed to find out that it actually took me less time. But it was an easy way to have four to six 30-minute workouts a week without a schedule change.

Also - Another thing that helped was joining a gym near my office. Particularly if you like to work out after work, stop there on your way home. It can be easier than going home, changing, and then finding the motivation to exercise when you'd rather make dinner and settle in for the night.
This discussion has been closed.