Egg Beaters....Use within 7 days???? Seriously?

Options
2»

Replies

• ThereAreManyNames
    ThereAreManyNames Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Not sure what is in egg beaters with the egg but regular eggs don’t really expire. Maybe the air exposure makes the egg beaters shelf life longer but if it smells, looks, and tastes normal I would not worry.

Er....I see you've never gotten ahold of a rotten egg. Not that they go bad immediately after the date if they've been properly refrigerated the whole time but I always do the pitcher of water test to be sure.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    OP asked this question 5 years ago - I'm sure the egg beaters are long ago used up now ;)

Almost 3 1/2 years ago. Those egg whites are waayyy past their expiration date by now. :D
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    OP asked this question 5 years ago - I'm sure the egg beaters are long ago used up now ;)

Almost 3 1/2 years ago. Those egg whites are waayyy past their expiration date by now. :D

da0d8f1874357e3dfe4364fe3a26d9b8.jpg
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,986 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »

No, 5 years ago, like I said. Bit over 5 actually.

March 2013 to July 2018 is over 5 years - unless I am even worse at maths than I thought :o:D;):*
  • fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Never got sick. I think they just write that just to protect themselves in case it does happen to make someone sick.
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    I realize this is an old thread, but food safety is always a good topic for discussion. Just a helpful tip... I've started writing the date that I open it on any container that has a "once opened use within so many days" advisory. I tend to lose track of time once things are opened, and while I might use things longer than recommended for myself, I won't risk making my family sick. Some things like almond milk I don't worry too much about, but I think egg whites are a little different. I wouldn't crack open a bunch of eggs & leave them in the fridge for over a week, so why would I keep a carton of egg whites that long?