low carb. & low natural sugar brownie

Options
Eat2Win
Eat2Win Posts: 123 Member
I'm on a search for the best tasting lowest possible carb and lowest possible natural sugar brownie that's still rich
and satisfying. Is it possible to find a recipe for this? Please direct me to where I could find it to try!! thanks :)

Replies

• c2111
    c2111 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    bump :) id like a recipe too
  • XRavenhood
    XRavenhood Posts: 102
    Options
    I've got a black bean brownie recipe for ya!, It's not exactly low in carbs but damn healthy - loaded with protein and quality sugars. It doesn't taste exactly like normal brownies, but people seem to like them, and the consistency is nice.

Ingredients: 15 ounce can of black beans rinsed and drained (about 1 1/2 – 1 2/3 cups), 2 ripe bananas, 1/4 cup honey or agave nectar, 1/4 cup cocoa powder, 1/4 cup quick oats, 1 tbsp minced walnuts, 1/2 tbsp ground cinnamon, 1 tsp vanilla extract.

Directions: Preheat oven to 350F. Grease an 8×8″ pan (I used a pan that was too big and ended up with thin brownies – still delicious). You can also use a 12-cup muffin pan. Combine all ingredients, except oats and walnuts, in a blender and blend until smooth. Stir in the oats and walnuts and pour batter into the pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Allow to cool before slicing and topping with my Superlicious Fudge Spread. Store in fridge.

Superlicious fudge spread is the bomb: Ingredients: 1 hass avocado, 1/4 cup honey, 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder

Directions: Pour all ingredients into blender and blend until smooth.

Let me know what you think if you do make them!
  • Eat2Win
    Eat2Win Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Thank You XRavenhood, I will be sure to give them a try.
    I noticed that mose low carb brownies had artificial sweetners. After three days of searching I found One that didn't. That one still
    had lots of sugar so I look forward to your alternative.
  • c2111
    Options
    thank you xx ill be trying them at the week end :flowerforyou:
  • XRavenhood
    XRavenhood Posts: 102
    Options
    I forgot to mention something super important! You MUST let them chill overnight because they don't taste that great the same day compared to the next! Seriously, must chill overnight. If you're scared they might be too healthy tasting, you could add a tin bit of cane sugar to it or something, but I've had junkfood loving people tell me they liked the results.
  • c2111
    Options
    thanks for the tip, i came back to get recipe :) x