Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

The New Rules to Lifting Beginner Break In

Hi Guys and Gals,

NOTE: Sorry for the lengthy post, I just want to put as much info for your guys

My main question is, how much weight should I lift for each of the exercises that I'm doing now? And how am I supposed to tell if it's effective?

I have lifted for quite some time for the past 5 years, but was not really consistent (I "yoyoed" 3 times during that period) and my routines were given by my trainers before, so I just followed what they advised me to do.

So now I'm pretty much on my own and I'm doing theNew Rules to Lifting, specifically the Break-In which consist of the following Workouts:

Workout A
Barbel Squats 3 x 15
Superset
- Static Dumbbell Lunge 3 x 15
- Two Point Dumbbell Row, Elbow Out 3 x 15
Superset
- Push-up 3 x 15
- Swiss-ball Crunch 3 x 20

Workout B
Deadlift 3 x 15
Superset
- Step-up w/ Dumbbells 3 x 15
- Dumbbell One Arm Shoulder Press 3 x 15
Superset
- Lat Pull-down; Close Grip 3 x 15
- Reverse Crunch 3 x 20

Since I'm a beginner, I need to do both workouts on the same day (which is no problem for me). I tried it and just got weights based on how comfortable I was doing the exercises.

I have no problem with the other exercises but it was my first time doing deadlifts.

The day after my back aches :P I think I carried 60 pounds for the of deadlifts.

So, there, again my question is, how much weight should I lift for each of the exercises? And how am I supposed to tell if it's effective?

If you need to clarification, just post away guys and gals! Thanks for reading!

- Brian Albert

Replies