Extra Work?!?!

Options
Hey Ya'll! I am a single mother of 3 with what most would consider a great job, but still need some extra money. Does any one know of a legitimate work from home job that I could do in the evenings to earn some extra money. I have tried one or 2 before and got ripped off so I am not looking for anything where you have to pay anything in advance to start. I have experience in customer service as I have worked for Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas and am now working for a Medicare contractor.
Thanks for any suggestions!

Replies

• lknorthstar
    lknorthstar Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Sorry I don't but good luck! Hopefully someone out there can help you!
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I wish I had advise for you.. I wish I had a little second job I could do from home, myself. What about selling avon products or something like that? I've thought of doing something like that but I'm not much of a sales person. Good luck!
  • Breckgirl
    Breckgirl Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    OK here's a couple of things to check out in yout area...

Here in Dayton OH our AM VETS use people who work from home on their own schedule to make calls to people to ask it they have anything they would care to donate. They give the list of people that have donations back to the AM Vets who then go around and pick up the items from the list. I had a elderly neighbor who did this for extra money and she said that people were 99% of the time very nice and wanting to help by donating items. You might call your local AM VETS, Salvation Army, and Goodwill to see if they make calls to people for donations.

Also, I'm an Ebayer. I have averaged about $3000-$5000 a year just putting things on Ebay that I bought at garage sales, estate sales, and auctions. It's easy and fun and you will learn quickly what sells and what doesn't. Do your homework, you can go on the site and check what like items have sold for in the past 3 months so that you don't get stuck with something that won't sell and it also helps you to set a starting price. You'll find the strangest things go for big bucks...like I have ONE purple Christmas bubble light bulb from 1942 sell for $109.00!
  • simona1972
    simona1972 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Im not sure if the same applies to the US, but here [Toronto] a lot of fast food take out places hire customer service/order takers to work from home.

There's also a lot of companies in the US who hire at home service reps. I cant remember the companies, but if you Google, Im sure you can find them.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    If you can invest in training, you can do medical coding from home and it pays very well. It's just a lot to learn.