MFP should add Sex to Exercise

d3va
d3va Posts: 19 Member
I was surprised :noway: not to find it - but come now, it is exercise and good cardio workout.

I used http://www.healthstatus.com/cgi-bin/calc/calculator.cgi

and based calorie burn on my weight .

They even have two choices:

:heart: sex - foreplay
:heart: sex - intercourse

Well, i guess for now I will add my caloried burned manually but

geez MFP - add this to Exercises! :blushing:

It can be a motivational tool for getting people to exercise and burn more calories
:wink:
:love:

Replies

• d3va
    d3va Posts: 19 Member
    I know you may not want all your friends to know when and how often you have sex

but like i said - sometimes it can be a motivational tool to burn some calories!
  • phoximom
    phoximom Posts: 365 Member
    I totally agree! I too was disappointed not to find it. Thanks for the link! I :heart: sex!! And quite Frankly i don't care who knows when or for how long I'm getting banged. :laugh:
  • Metrotide
    Metrotide Posts: 17
    As I am in total agreement with the topic, sadly, sex does not burn that many calories. the AMA did a study, and unless we are talking some serious acts during a normal 60 minute session, sex roughly burned about 300 calories per hour. Although great, it was not a major cardio workout.
  • phoximom
    phoximom Posts: 365 Member
    As I am in total agreement with the topic, sadly, sex does not burn that many calories. the AMA did a study, and unless we are talking some serious acts during a normal 60 minute session, sex roughly burned about 300 calories per hour. Although great, it was not a major cardio workout.

Maybe the people studied were doing it wrong ;)