Chai Addict... What's your morning indulgence?

Options
I'm madly in love with fresh brewed Chai tea with some milk and honey. Sweet creamy spicy. So nice! It's my sinful morning pick-me-up.

What's your morning wake-up goodness?

Replies

• bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Coffee... black... lots of it. Zero calories! LOL
  • halfpint71
    halfpint71 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Dunkin Donuts Dark Iced Coffee with milk
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I'm madly in love with fresh brewed Chai tea with some milk and honey. Sweet creamy spicy. So nice! It's my sinful morning pick-me-up.

Mmmmm!! I'm madly in love with chai tea too.. I just found these packets of Oregon Chai Tea Latte mix.... It's a powder mix, so you may not be into that but to me it tastes wonderful and only 120 cals. I kind of reserve it as a special treat! :)
  • SuzMcH
    SuzMcH Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Normally a big mug of strong tea. But been trying to get into Green tea, it's just not quite the same !
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    Coffee... black... lots of it. Zero calories! LOL

Hahaha I'd be running around in circles!
  • ♥seoid♥
    ♥seoid♥ Posts: 476
    Options
    Diet Coke
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options

Mmmmm!! I'm madly in love with chai tea too.. I just found these packets of Oregon Chai Tea Latte mix.... It's a powder mix, so you may not be into that but to me it tastes wonderful and only 120 cals. I kind of reserve it as a special treat! :)

Chai is mine also. It has been something that I could reduce but not get rid of.
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    I drink green chai all day at work but skip the cream to keep calories down. My REAL morning indulgence is a raspberry and banana smoothie with a scoop of protein powder! It's almost $5 at the gym but after I've worked out and showered it's just the perfect 310 calorie breakfast for me! YUM!
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    On the weekends, I don't need it...but during the work week I gotta have my coffee. (I think it's psychological because it's not for the caffeine, I just love the taste and aroma and have gotten used to that on my work mornings) I've been able to make some wonderful substitutions over the past 2 months so that it is still delicious and I don't feel deprived.

12 oz black decaf coffee (or half caf)
    4 oz skim milk
    2 oz sugar free vanilla syrup
    1 packet equal
  • Izzy301209
    Options
    I'm a coffee fan myself. Organic all the way! : - )
  • sweetrevenge
    Options
    I have been drinking a Venti Green Tea with a pump of chai in it from Starbucks for like ever!!!! Today is day 2 of giving it up because I have really been working hard to keep my sugar intake down and it's packed full of sugar! Was so sad when I found this out. So now I don't have a great morning drinking ritual.....I know this may sound crazy but straight Chai tea makes me sleepy, I have heard this from a couple of other people as well, but man do I love that sweet and spicy taste!!!
  • heather62803
    heather62803 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    My sinful morning indulgence - LARGE vanilla latte - Non-fat of course. My every morning substitute - coffee black with a little splenda. Gets me up and going without all the fat and sugar.
  • ldtoner
    ldtoner Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Half decaf coffee with whole milk and splenda. But I also love a good cup of tea with soy milk. Yummmm!! I usually have that one as an afternoon pick-me-up.
  • GingerSnark
    GingerSnark Posts: 153
    Options
    I would love a blended coffee drink from Caribou Coffee every morning. The Campfire Mocha or the Berry Mocha are to die for. No whip & sugar free syrup of course. You can ask for their Northern Lite base too to cut out more.
  • DBranchaud
    DBranchaud Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Most mornings I have Green or Earl Grey tea. I got a assortment pack of teabags for Christmas. There was almost 200 bags in there! In the mornings I drink them black, during the day I drink them black. My indulgence is after dinner... I get the GOOD teabags which make a stronger brew and I mix it with honey and milk for a dessert:heart:

What I used to do is buy some of the French Vanilla Cappuccino Mix from work and I have some of that. Sadly too much sugar and nasty stuff in it....plus one tasted like another one.:laugh:
  • jewelinvic
    jewelinvic Posts: 332
    Options
    My morning indulgence on Fridays only is going to Tim Hortons and getting an extra large coffee with double cream. The rest of the week, it is brewed at home coffee with cream. :drinker:
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options

I LOVE OREGON CHAI! I have those packets too. I also get chai latte powder mix from Trader Joes. Just as delicious, and cheaper. Chai latte's are also my treat. I usually run into Starbucks when I'm out and about shopping. A tall with skim is only 120 calories from Starbucks as well :D
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    I may have to try these packets you ladies are speaking of. That way it won't feel like I'm being that naughty.
  • DBranchaud
    DBranchaud Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I may have to try these packets you ladies are speaking of. That way it won't feel like I'm being that naughty.

They do sound really good:bigsmile: