Question For Personal Trainers

Options
Roxie65
Roxie65 Posts: 155 Member
I have recently joined a fitness center and they have and inner and outer thigh machine that I would like to try but I don't know what wt. I should start with and how many sets and reps I should do, they also have an ab machine and I would like to know the same thing on using it?

Replies

• foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    No personal trainers at the gym? They'll usually offer this advice for free and most times you can even get a couple of free sessions with trainers. But for starters, the weight should be enough that you feel a little burn after 12-15 reps.
  • Roxie65
    Roxie65 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    They have personal trainers but are not very willing to show you how to use the equipment and offer no free sessions.
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    That sucks. I would be finding a different gym. They should offer some sort of orientation session to show you how to use the equipment and there should always be someone available to answer questions.

All that being said, I think my starting weight for the ab machine was 30-40lbs and for the inner/outer thigh machine around 60lbs, although I find the outer thigh machine harder than the inner. However, everyone is different. Experiment starting at a low weight and stopping of you feel any sharp pains. And as already mentioned your weight should be heavy enough to exhaust your muscles in 12-15 reps.

Good luck!