Suggestions for workouts to thin/tone thighs, lift butt.

NYCDutchess
NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
I want my butt bigger...one problem I have is my thighs are big, so my butt looks flatter because there isn't that much of a bump any more. How do I think out my thighs without looksing my butt? Any suggestions?

Replies

• mitze90
    mitze90 Posts: 19 Member
    I think Eliptical machines at the gym are pretty good for that.
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Lunges and squats
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Lunges and squats

I second this! :)
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Lunges and squats

I second this! :)
  • MamaBear05
    MamaBear05 Posts: 100 Member
    That is my exact problem too! I wish I could push some of my thigh meat up into my butt. I have always done squats and lunges but am hitting them much harder (higher weight to build the muscle), twice a week now. I have also added an additional exercise that I have only been using a short time but can tell a difference. I don't know what to call it other than lying hip thrust. Basicall, I lay on my back, knees bent, feet flat on the floor as close to my butt as I can get (probably about an inch or two from my butt). I rest a 20 pound weight on my lower abs. I use a 20lb dumbell and just rest my hands on each end to keep it in place. Thrust your hips up as far as you can while tightening your glutes. Hold for a count of two and release. I do 3 sets of 20. Just make sure you do the move through your glutes, not your back.

I have also started running (the c25k program) and can really feel that where I need the help. I haven't been doing it long enough to see a difference but I hope to soon.
  • NYCDutchess
    Hmmm...will have to give that a try!!

That is my exact problem too! I wish I could push some of my thigh meat up into my butt. I have always done squats and lunges but am hitting them much harder (higher weight to build the muscle), twice a week now. I have also added an additional exercise that I have only been using a short time but can tell a difference. I don't know what to call it other than lying hip thrust. Basicall, I lay on my back, knees bent, feet flat on the floor as close to my butt as I can get (probably about an inch or two from my butt). I rest a 20 pound weight on my lower abs. I use a 20lb dumbell and just rest my hands on each end to keep it in place. Thrust your hips up as far as you can while tightening your glutes. Hold for a count of two and release. I do 3 sets of 20. Just make sure you do the move through your glutes, not your back.

I have also started running (the c25k program) and can really feel that where I need the help. I haven't been doing it long enough to see a difference but I hope to soon.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,998 Member
    All good suggestions. Try deadlifts too.
  • NYCDutchess
    Thank you all, I will incorporate all of these going forward.
This discussion has been closed.