When I eat over 1500 calories I feel bad

Options
As you can see from my profile, I lost 40 pounds in under 4 months doing a special program. I took a few months break in between each "session" (as I like to call them), but fortunately maintained weight during those breaks (holiday months, last college semester, etc.). The program I have been doing has me doing low-carb, high protein. And it has worked wonders. I went from size 12 to now size 6. I am between 145.8 lbs and 147 lbs, and stand 5'3".

During those "breaks" I still ate healthy but just didn't limit myself when it came to simple carbs and sweets. Even though I didn't go crazy, I still felt awful as I logged my calories and they went over 1500. I am afraid that as I ween off my program for the last time once I hit my goal that I'll once again begin to feel bad and disappointed in myself for going over 1500 calories.

Maybe it's the fear that I'll gain all the weight back? Not sure what it is but I know 1500 calories isn't bad at all. Do you have any suggestions for how I can shake myself from this mentality?

Replies

• volume77
    volume77 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    ...... i ususally maintain on 1500. it should not make u gain if thats what youre worried about.
  • volume77
    volume77 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    how many cals was ur program??
  • kimchiandblue
    Options
    I eat about 1000 calories on protein-only days and about 1500 calories on complex carb and protein days. The program is made of shakes, protein snacks, energy drinks, and complex carb meals.
  • karenhray7
    karenhray7 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    It's not the calories that are making you feel awful, it's that the calories are sugar. The excess insulin that your body sends out when your blood sugar is too high can make you sleepy, nauseas, and crave more sugar. You might try changing those extra 500kcal from simple to complex carbs or even fat and protein. It really can make a difference.