Aquasize

AndreeT
AndreeT Posts: 191
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
Hey all. I've been contemplating joining a local aquasize class. I hear it is erally low impact on joints and back. I have been struggling with a bad back and haven't been able to fully work out my body because of it. I'm wondering if I might benifit from an aquasize class a couple of times a week.

What do you think? Have you tried it? Did you like it?

Let me know :smile:

Replies

• LongMom
    LongMom Posts: 408 Member
    I LOVE water aerobics!!! It's a fun workout! You'll be surprised how hard it works you too :)
  • Water aerobics is diffently a good exercise for people who have back and joint problems. It can be a lot of fun. Just to warn you, you may want to take a friend because sometimes those classes are really popular for seniors. I have taken several and it depends on the gym demographics as to who might be at the class :wink:
  • AndreeT
    haha thanks for the warning candice! I'll defenitely keep that in mind!
  • I fractured my foot at my gym and couldn't go for a while. My doctor suggested I try swimming, I found a great pool that also offers water aerobics. There are older women in the class but I really get a workout! The class is a hour long and its fun. I lost weight and a ton of inches!! My foot is healed and I am back at the gym but three times a week I still go to the water aerobics class.
  • AndreeT
    That's great! I want to up my excersise but can't think if anything that won't stress my back too much. I have been seeing a chiropractor 3 times a week for the last few months and I am finaly starting to be able to walk for 30 mins or more at a time...I thought swimming and water cardio would be a great thing for me. Thanks for the positive feedback!
  • JustJessie
    JustJessie Posts: 162 Member
    I actually used to teach water aerobics for years. (I have always had knee problems) It can be a great workout but there are a lot of older ladies in the class. I started teaching it when I was 20 and the ladies were all very social so don't let the age factor get you down. One thing to make sure of is that in most water fitness classes they allow you to go at your own pace (b/c they know most have some type of injury) and with many seniors in the class don't slow down to go at the flow of someone else. Make sure you keep your heart rate up! Push yourself so that you get the most out of the class each time.
  • AndreeT
    Thanks justjes82 I will keep that in mind. I have to find a local pool that offers it in the evening time but as soon as I do I will sign up. I think I can handle the old ladies :wink: :laugh: hahaha
This discussion has been closed.