Race for Life - UK - 2013

Options
GC2B
GC2B Posts: 168 Member
Post here which RFL you are entering.
If you are following any plans for training, please share.

Are you chasing a PB?
How many have you taken part in?

If its popular we can start a 2013 group.

Replies

• saltedcaramel86
    saltedcaramel86 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Hey, I haven't signed up yet but will be soon! Can't wait for it. I'm currently doing C25K with Race for Life as my goal :)
  • Kyrosh
    Kyrosh Posts: 238
    Options
    I'm going to do the 5K in Richmond on the 30th June 2013!
    I'm already doing the 5K in 39 minutes now (after never been running in my life...) but I wanna do it in under 30 minutes on the day itself!
  • GC2B
    GC2B Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    My PB is 35, it's quite hard on the day with so many others there. Great atmosphere though.
    Was thinking of practicing with some Park Runs too.
    Haven't done a RFL for 3 years but have so far done 6.
    Should be taking part in the Cambridge race, maybe one year I'll be brave enough for the 10k
  • evelyngrice
    evelyngrice Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I will be doing the Race for Life on the 7th July, at Mote Park in Maidstone :)

I did my first one last year, took around 45minutes, so I would love to get that down to 40minutes.

I started the c25k again on Sunday, and this will be the preparation I do!
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Post here which RFL you are entering.
    If you are following any plans for training, please share.

Are you chasing a PB?
    How many have you taken part in?

If its popular we can start a 2013 group.

I've entered the Southend one which is in May, it will be my third one, the other two were at Basildon and Brentwood.

I regularly run 5ks on the road, my PB is 25:34, but that will be difficult to beat during a RFL as the races are usually more like cross-countries on grass and softer ground.
  • leilaphoenix
    leilaphoenix Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I'm doing my first RfL this summer in Oxford. I have run lots of 5ks before so just getting involved. I really value CRUK as a charity but the women only RfL thing strikes me as a bit sexist. Men get breast cancer as well, and also want to support breast cancer research. Hmph.
  • AliciaStaton
    AliciaStaton Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Yea I am hoping to take part again this year This will be my third year along with my sister in law. Its a great and a wonderful day but its also a very emotional one as well.:bigsmile:
  • helyg
    helyg Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I am taking part in RFL in Aberystwyth on May 12th. I will be doing it with my 7 year old daughter though so don't expect to go very fast!