Carbs Vs. Sugar

Options
So... I am a night time snacker. If I don't snack, I wake up in the middle of the night starving and 'sleep eat'. If I have 'sweets' (ie. low cal cookies, chocolate, etc) I literally can't stop at one. I am trying to stay away from carbs late at night, but then tend to have more of a sweet tooth. Carbs 'fill me up'. My question is, which one would be best for me to have so late, as fruit/veg just doesnt do it for a late night snack...

Replies

• Capucine7
    Capucine7 Posts: 40
    Options
    I like to have popcorn. As like you, if I don't have a snack close to bedtime I will not sleep well.
  • mzmoonlight
    mzmoonlight Posts: 160
    Options
    OMG I do the sleep eat thing. I havent come across anyone else who does it. I dont really know what to suggest as you want to stay away from carbs because I eat them in abundance at night to see me through until the morning. I'd say dont be scared of eating carbs, esp if you chose complex carbs with high fibre coz they will see you through until the next say. However, if you really want to avoid carbs all together the only thing to have really is protein (meat, eggs, etc..) ... you'll need to give your body time to digest it before sleeping though...