anyone have kids taller than parents at age 11

Options
My 11 year old daughter just got a physical and measured 5'10" and she's really excited she is an inch taller than me now. She jokingly put on her moms heels and took a picture with me.

Replies

• Healthy_fresh_start
    Healthy_fresh_start Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    HAHA no, not yet!!!
    my boys are only 2 &5 but im only 5'1 and they are both looking like they will follow their dads footsteps and be well over 6 foot!! my 5 year old is catching me fast :P
  • Momf3boys
    Momf3boys Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    My oldest son is 12 and he is 5'8" and I'm only 5'4"...5'5" on a good day :)
  • jporte
    jporte Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Wow 5'10" for an 11 year old girl is pretty tall. My 12 year old son is 5' 1 1/2" and I am 4' 11 1/2" so he thinks it's hilarious that he is taller than me.
  • wikitbikit
    wikitbikit Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Wow, she's got some tall genes! My 11 year old is about maybe 5'2 to my 5'5, and that's almost too close for comfort for me, haha! I expect she'll end up taller than I am--and hope so!--but just not yeeeeet. You seem to be taking it very well-- I know my daughter's father would be totally freaked out if she were taller than him, especially at 11! He is intimidated by tall women, however.
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    Yes, my oldest stepson has been taller than me for years, and he is 14. My second oldest stepson just turned 11 a few months ago, and he is exactly my height but growing fast! All four of my stepchildren are tall, which is not surprising, since their father is 6'7".
  • sbbhbm
    sbbhbm Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    My daughter will probably be taller than me by the time she's 11. I'm only 5'5", and one of the tallest women in my family (both grandmothers and my oldest sister are only 4'10"). My husband is 6'4", his mother is 5'11" and all of his aunt's and uncles on his dad's side are 6' or taller. They call me the midget. My daughter measures in the 95th percentile for height- she's 3 years old, and is taller than most of the 5 and 6 year olds in her day care.
  • twelfty
    twelfty Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    i was taller than my mum and dad by age ten, though my grandad was tall and i look like him so i think i got it from him lol
  • bocana38
    bocana38 Posts: 85
    Options
    Wow, she's got some tall genes! My 11 year old is about maybe 5'2 to my 5'5, and that's almost too close for comfort for me, haha! I expect she'll end up taller than I am--and hope so!--but just not yeeeeet. You seem to be taking it very well-- I know my daughter's father would be totally freaked out if she were taller than him, especially at 11! He is intimidated by tall women, however.
    lol she thinks its so funny and has been wanting to be taller than me for a while and she is happy she finally is. I guess she got the genes from my wifes parents, shes 5'9" also but her mom is 6'1" and father is 6'6"
  • timmemin
    timmemin Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I don't have kids but am a middle school teacher. Being 5'3" I ask all my tall students to get things down for me all the time. They tower over me. Must be something in the water!
  • AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Well I am a shortie at barely 5'4". My husband is 6'6". Our oldest daughter is 6'. She left me sitting in the dust in 4th grade.
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Not my son, but my brother. He is 11 years younger than me and when he was 11 he was taller than me. Now that he is in his 20's he is WAY taller than me...lol! He is 6'8".

My 11 year-old son is about a foot shorter than me, but is growing fast! By next year I expect he will be taller. My best friend's daughter is the same age and she is the same height as me. I'm 5'7".
  • bocana38
    Options
    She grew 2 inches in a real short amount of time, just 3 months ago I was still a bit taller.
  • indygal76
    indygal76 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    My daughter is 8 and showing signs that she will be taller than me. I am only 5'3 and she is already at my shoulders. I don't look forward to looking up to her in the future! LOL
  • WIChelle
    WIChelle Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Both my boys were taller than me at age 11. I'm 5 ft 4. However their dad is 6 ft 4.
  • bocana38
    Options
    Well I am a shortie at barely 5'4". My husband is 6'6". Our oldest daughter is 6'. She left me sitting in the dust in 4th grade.
    lol
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    She grew 2 inches in a real short amount of time, just 3 months ago I was still a bit taller.

Ugh...happens too fast! :ohwell:
  • jepatton22
    Options
    I outgrew my mom at about that age and I ended up being 6'4". Hopefully she doesn't get this tall or she will tower over you lol
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    My 10 year old son is my height (5'7). Its crazy and I hate that his sneakers cost so much now that he is in a mens size! lol
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    My oldest daughter was my height at 12 (I'm 5'10). She didn't grow much after that and is 5'11" now (she's 22). My youngest was very petite until she hit 12 (shorter than all her friends), then she just started growing like crazy. She's 6'0" now at 19. Hubby is 6'4" so we kind of expected them to be tall. It' weird to be the shortest in the house at 5'10"! :laugh:
  • jessmart83
    jessmart83 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Not yet, but my 5 year old daughter is more than half my height, I am 5'9". I am pretty sure she will pass me up sooner than later.