Various Jillian

Options
I have 30 DS and got about 1/2 way through. Then between lifting three days a week and life I haven't done it in about 2 weeks. I plan on starting back up but I also got a few more of her DVDs and am curious about what your experience may have been with the following:

30 Day Shred

Killer Abs

6 Week Six-Pack

Ripped in 30

Kickbox Fast Fix

I guess things I'm looking for are results? motivating? boredom?

Also, would it be a good idea to just mix them up and maybe do a different one each day?

Thanks

Replies

• lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    if you get bored easy then mix them up. i have done 30ds 3 times, ripped in 30 twice and i have started her 6 week 6 pack and i have to say that one is my fav out of the 3.
  • shano25
    shano25 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I really don't like any of her videos (they're very hard on my knees and I get bored of them) however, I've started using 6 week 6 pack and I really like it. I'm using it a couple of times a week which is probably not enough to see huge results in 6 weeks, but it's definitely become a part of my overall exercise routine.
  • lin7604
    Options
    i also don't use it as directed... i am also just using it as part of my exercise routine. maybe 3 days a week...
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I have 30DS, RI30, 6 Week Six-Pack & Kickbox FastFix. Kickbox FastFix is probably my favorite, and my most recent purchase (I think I bought it right after it came out, so over a year ago) - it's great quick cardio and exactly 20 minutes, from warm up to cool down, and I think it's fun!

6 Week Six-Pack is probably my second fave - haven't done it in quite awhile as I've moved on to Nike Training Club (free awesome app!) for workouts, but both levels are tough and a good mix of core and cardio moves.

And the other two are great on their own, or to mix and match with other workouts, as someone else suggested.
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    I have Ripped in 30, Banish Fat Boost Metabolism, Extreme Shed & Shred, No More Trouble Zones, Kickbox Fastfix and Yoga Meltdown and honestly I think the her yoga one is my favorite. If you are already lifting 3 days/week doing a full body compound routine, you might want to steer away from the stuff that uses free weights. I do StrongLifts and went through a phase where I wanted to do Ripped in 30 on my non lifting days and yeah, no go :laugh: The yoga one however is a great compliment and not too long. Kickbox Fastbix and Banish Fat Boost Metabolism would also be great cardio compliments.
  • cjlorigan
    cjlorigan Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Stronglifts too and will start week 4 tonight. So I think more cardio based would be good. Thanks for all of your input. My general week looks like this:

Monday - cardio warmup (10min) / Stronglifts

Tues - 45-60 cardio (treadmill)

Wed - cardio warmup (10min) / Stronglifts

Thur - ummmm not much? lol

Fri - cardio warmup (10min) / Stronglifts

Sat - I bowl in a league

Sun - usually 60-90 min of cardio (treadmill with inclines)
  • AuntieKT
    AuntieKT Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Oh man, did you come to the right person! I am a Jillian Michaels DVD junkie! I have done 30 Day Shred (but don't have it cuz I borrowed it from a friend), Ripped in 30, Kickbox Fast Fix, Killer Abs, Killer Buns and Thighs, Yoga Meltdown, Shed and Shred and Banish Fat Boost Metabolism...I don't think I'm forgetting any...LOL! There was one in there that I kind of didn't care for, but it has been so long, I can't really remember which one that was...maybe Banish Fat Boost Metabolism? But I am not totally sure and it wasn't terrible or anything, just not my favorite. The Kickbox Fast Fix has been my favorite so far. I have pretty much done it at least once a day for the past month and I still am not sick of it! I like all of her DVD's cuz I like her militant, tough style. I do all of these videos as an addition to other exercise, so I am always seeing results. I hear though that a lot of people lose inces with these videos but not so much scale weight. Message me if you have any more questions. I just could easily miss it if you posted it on here.
  • lin7604
    Options
    Kickbox Fast Fix... i am going to have to look into this one.. never seen clips of it yet...
  • shellev13
    Options
    I've ordered a few of her videos after not knowing who she even was! Then I found out she's on Biggest Loser! (I don't watch much TV, lol). I'm on week 2, day 1 of Ripped in 30 and am really enjoying her hardass approach and twisted sense of humour. I haven't lost many lbs but am noticing that my clothes definitely feel better and my shape is changing. I added Zumba Rush for a little extra cardio tonight. So much fun:) Hopefully that'll help the scale move!

Debating in which one to do next. I also bought Insanity but I am NOWHERE near ready for that craziness! Watched a little of the fit test and realized that I'm in TERRIBLE shape! Lol Hopefully, by next month I'll feel up to trying it!
  • STLgal25
    STLgal25 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am currently doing RI30.. It is boring doing the same workout everyday for 5-6 days.. I am in good shape and that DVD still leaves me in a pool of sweat afterwards. Each exercise is 30 seconds so time pretty much flies by.
  • cjlorigan
    cjlorigan Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Just finished workout 1 on Kickbox and I loved it!
  • shellev13
    Options
    Does anybody else notice that the scale doesn't move much no matter how hard you work??? I've added a good 25 minutes of cardio each day (Zumba) and have dropped 2 lbs since! Strange! Oh well, love my Zumba too :)
  • AprilRenewed
    AprilRenewed Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I no longer do JM, but she did get me from doing my push-ups on my knees to doing them the "real" way, so she has a special place in my heart. My faves were Ripped in 30 and Shed and Shred. Those two, I have kept even though the others I'm giving away. They offer a good thing to change it up once inawhile. But I'm doing a P90X/Brazil Butt Lift Hybrid right now. :)
  • becca2911
    becca2911 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I had amazing results with 6W6P - way better than what I had with 30DS HOWEVER I was eating worse during 30 DS.