Teavana / Tea

Options
13»

Replies

• sr_maggie
    sr_maggie Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Love Teavana!! I love their Jasmine Phoenix Dragon Pearls blended with Rooibos Tropica (it's a standard blend of theirs). As an alternative to coffee some mornings, I enjoy a blend of their Mate Vana and Rooibos Chai (I think it's another standard blend). Those are pretty much my "go to" teas from there.
  • ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    Options

Have you ever tried looseleaf tea (not in small packets, but rather you have to scoop the tea out and put it in a tea ball or other straining device)? If not, then YES, there's a huge difference in both the quality and taste of looseleaf teas such as Teavana. Usually the packaged grocery store teas are of a lesser quality because they take the small leftover bits and package them in the packets in the tea boxes you buy at the grocery store. The better quality whole pieces are usually packaged into looseleaf teas because you are paying more. I say try it!

This!
    Tea is one of those things where you really do get what you pay for.

The stuff in tea bags is more or less the tea equivalent to saw dust. It's old, stale, low quality and cheap. Don't get me wrong, I have a box of some sort of breakfast tea in the pantry but over all I much prefer loose leaf. There are at least 4 different loose leaf teas in my pantry right now.

Not only do you get large pieces of, if not full tea leaves but if you opt for a fruity of flowery tea you get nice big chunks of dried fruit and again whole leaves.

It may seem expensive if you're not used to buying them but most, if not all loose leaf teas can be brewed more than once.
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I have been buying my tea from Republicoftea.com for almost 15 years. My go-to tea is Ginger Peach...
  • lvgardner
    lvgardner Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You should try Opus Rounge ( Rooibos Tea) with Youthberry. I also love Samurai Chai Mate by far one of my two favorites. Teavana is very expensive, try Amazon, sometimes you can get a good deal on teavana tea.
  • lulu150
    lulu150 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I get all of my tea from The Tea Spot online and love it. I replaced my morning cola with Bolder Breakfast a little over 6 months ago and love it, have not had a soda since then! I also love the Boulder Blues and Iron Goddess Oolong as an iced tea. Meditative Mind is a great hot tea for late afternoon or evening. Drinking loose leaf tea has definitely helped me lose weight!!! I do not add any sugar, sugar substitute or milk to my tea :)
  • khayashi80
    khayashi80 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Yogi Kava Stress Relief and Yogi Calming tea are both very good. I also like Shangri-la chamomile mint. Really tasty!
  • jordanrishell
    Options
    The Peach blossoming tea is really good but it's sorta girly! It's very herbal/floral, but still fruity too!
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Teavana is owned by Starbucks so they're kind of experts at making yummy things.
    That being said, I much prefer David's tea. Phenomenal service, great selection and they cool down tea samples for my kids to try. I love mother's little helper, pumpkin chai, glitter&gold, cocomint cream......I could go on, they have so many good flavours.
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Bump. I would like to learn more about tea.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    I was never a tea drinker until about a year ago when me co worker got me hooked on it. I used to drink at least 2L of cola a day and I've pretty much replaced that with fancy teas. There are so many yummy kinds to try that I may have gone a bit overboard buying them, to the extent I now have one section of cupboard full! It's fun to pick out the tea I feel like drinking right now and do love Teavana's packaging if you order online. The resealable bags are great and easier to store than my pile of tins.
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I was never a tea drinker until about a year ago when me co worker got me hooked on it. I used to drink at least 2L of cola a day and I've pretty much replaced that with fancy teas. There are so many yummy kinds to try that I may have gone a bit overboard buying them, to the extent I now have one section of cupboard full! It's fun to pick out the tea I feel like drinking right now and do love Teavana's packaging if you order online. The resealable bags are great and easier to store than my pile of tins.

oh my i am a tea nerd, i relate to this! half of my most used cupboard is filled with bagged tea, loose leaf tea, and various tin cans to hold it all. when i'm in a foreign location i buy up all the tea i can afford, so i have some russian tea, portuguese tea, etc. i love organizing it all, kind of like tetris :P
  • Adrini
    Adrini Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Firstly that you have two teavana's to choose from is just cruel. The nearest one to me is 4 hours away.

The reason they cost so much is that the teas are actually fresh. The vast majority of tea companies have tea on the shelf for months or even years, teavana has them for 3 weeks to 3 months, depending on the kind of tea in question. The means better flavor and more health benefits. It also makes it more expensive. Their tea items are the best to. I got a japanese glazed iron tea pot as a wedding present and it makes BY FAR the best white tea I've EVER had.

Another thing to think about is the quality of the tea. With most teas I need a full t-spoon to get a good brew, with teavana tea half as much or less will do just as well if not better. It's fresher and has more to give. I find it to be worth it, of only as it does take time to go though a full tin.
  • Adrini
    Adrini Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have been buying my tea from Republicoftea.com for almost 15 years. My go-to tea is Ginger Peach...

Yessssssss. Ginger peach forever...

The blackberry sage is to die for as well, and the mango cecylon. SWOON.

Have you had the melon white? AMAZING!
  • ChristinaD2
    Options
    Someone gave me some kind of expensive set from Teavana.. and I can tell you- Monkey-picked Oolong tea tastes like monkey-harvested pee. Steer clear of that one. The rest of the "Balance and Harmony" set is pretty good (my fav is the white ayurvedic chai).

I love the intensity of their teas...

I'm drinking Monkey-Picked Oolong right now LOL! Your description is spot-on though... can't say I'd buy this one, again.
    My favorite is Maharaja Chai Oolong.
  • kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I guess one has to find a tea they like. I've drank a lot of tea over the years some better than others, but I just wasn't a tea person. Never an ice tea person. Then 2 years ago I stopped drinking soda and after about 1 year I needed something else to drink than water. My daughter took me into Teavana to sample and she fell in love with Youthberry. I agreed to buy some and when all was said and done and rung up it was $92. I nearly fainted, but before that I nearly yelled out, "NINETY TWO DOLLARS!!!?" Not wanting to embarrass my daughter I kept quiet paid. I had just come back from China so I knew the price of tea in China and it wasn't more than a good tea there, but wow. We walked out into the mall and after my daughter stopped me from hyperventilating she made me realize that it would come out to 60 cents a cup. Once I thought of it that way I became an instant tea snob the next morning when I SO enjoyed my cup of tea. I drank a lot of ice tea through the summer with their wonderful blends. I've really enjoyed drinking something other than water and something potentially good for me too.