Disgusted w/ myself

Options
2»

Replies

• fatpanda96
    Options
    So the most inspirational yo yo dieter/success story in my opinion is Shay Carl. If you don't know him he makes vlogs on youtube with his adorable family and he's made many different videos over the years saying that he would start his diet and he would start and then crash and gain his weight back. But sometime in 2011 when he was 280 pounds he finally started eating right, got in the right mid set, became a runner, lost a 100 pounds and since then has done 3 marathons. He's truely inspiring for someone who has always struggles with their weight like I have.
  • TrishLG
    TrishLG Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Count yourself lucky, I have seen women lose 50 and gail 80 on Jenny and Nutri!

I was 270, lost 70, gained back 30, then yo-yoed between 200 and 230.
    The good news is that this MFP is the best diet (Consumer Report), so we are both on the right page.
    Have now gone down to 218 and plan to stay with the program forever.

I really surprised myself and chose a vegan diet. No meat, no dairy, no eggs, and no wheat (intolerance).
    I watched Forks over Knives --- Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead--- then read Eat to Live.
    My blood pressure went up, got meds, and had "rare but serious side effects--signs of liver failure"
    So figured that I should toss the toxic meds, lose the weight, and exercise to control blood pressure. Already working.
    This time I am going to 140 and staying there!!!
    See you on the other side!
    You do deserve to look wonderful!
  • NikkiRaeLucas
    NikkiRaeLucas Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Tammy,
    I have yo-yo'd most of my life! I know the feeling! For me I know the only way I am going to make it stick is to make it a lifestyle. This has been the longest I have stuck with something that is "healthy" and I feel I can "live with". I am here to support you in your efforts and you can do it!