Exercise and Food Advice?

Options
So over the past week I have been working out quite a bit and don't get me wrong it has paid off big time. Although today it seems to be catching up with me, I'm exhausted. Does anyone know any simple exercises I can do but won't put a lot of strain on me? I know you should take a break every week but I fear if I take a day off exercise I will lose the will to do it that I have had, so I figrued a few easy exercises would keep me in the routine.

As well as does anyone know some foods that have higher calories in smaller portions, because I'm not in an eating mood today but I know you still have to eat a certain amount so your body doesn't go into starvation mode.

Replies

• MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Go for a walk - it's a great active recovery activity

What you're referring to is calorie dense foods. Nuts, seeds, nut butter, eggs, lean protein, dark chocolate...that's all I can think of but you can google for more ideas
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Your diary is closed so I can't offer specific advice. I will give you my general advice.

1) Set your MFP goal to sedentary TDEE - 20%/500.
    2) Add exercise calories to your log so you get calorie credit for them. Eat them back.
    3) Don't do more than 5 hours of cardio a week unless you just really enjoy it, because you'll really get no additional weight loss benefits.
    4) Strength train.
    5) Eat plenty of protein.
    6) Get adequate rest.
  • blisser99
    blisser99 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    When I feel sluggish... I usually dance... Dancing usually burns around 200 calories for me in about 30min. You should do a rest day though... It is important for your muscles to heal and rest.
    As far as the calories... If I need a lot of calories in a small time.. I eat a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.. the peanut butter alone is 200 calories... the bread is a little over 200 and the jelly is usually more than specified for me because I like alot of jelly!
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Rest days are when your cardiovascular and muscular systems repair and grow, and prepare for your next round of workouts. Schedule in your rest days as carefully as your workouts and you'll be able to work out better than ever!

Having said that, active rest days are good if you can't put your feet up entirely - go for a walk, swim or cycle. If you usually do something high-impact like running or aerobics, keep the impact as low as possible.
  • jessykab74
    jessykab74 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Your diary is closed so I can't offer specific advice. I will give you my general advice.

1) Set your MFP goal to sedentary TDEE - 20%/500.
    2) Add exercise calories to your log so you get calorie credit for them. Eat them back.
    3) Don't do more than 5 hours of cardio a week unless you just really enjoy it, because you'll really get no additional weight loss benefits.
    4) Strength train.
    5) Eat plenty of protein.
    6) Get adequate rest.

REALLY!! I did not know about #3! I am not a fan of Cardio so I only do about 30-45 min 6 days a week along with weight training. I would much rather do wieghts. Great to know. Thank you
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with an all out rest day. They're important.