Three weeks to lose three lbs, two DAYS to put it back on!

Options
Just ranting!

Replies

• jcc4
    jcc4 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    It is probably just water retention from too much salt or sugar in your diet. It is highly unlikely that you gained 3 lbs in two days.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Yup, what he said. You can't gain REAL fat that way unless you went over your calories by thousands.

You didn't ask for advice but I"m going to give it anyway... There are two ways to look at this:

1) If it happens infrequently, no big deal, it's not going to set you back that far. Just get right back on the horse, be extra good this week and drink TONS of water and sweat a bit to flush out the excess and you should be fine in no time.

2) if it happens regularly, you need to plan your weekends better. If you go out to eat, plan ahead. Many chain restaurants have menus online or calories on the menu. Make the best choice you can. Not sure where you're going? Keep the standard options in mind - grilled meats, steamed veggies, salad with dressing on the side and share a dessert. And of course burn some extra calories ahead of time.
  • Maddalen101
    Maddalen101 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Hmm. My water intake tends to drop a LOT on weekends ... I'm working on improving that.
    My weekday food plans generally are good, as I can control what I eat while at work.
    The struggle is to maintain healthy eating, esp. during the weekends, despite my husband.
    And this past weekend was a rough one on several levels.
    Fortunately, I didn't go much above my totals ... so I'll see how this week pans out.
    Thanks for your input!
  • Maddalen101
    Maddalen101 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    whew! It was water weight. I drank a lot of water y'day, and everything flushed out. I'm back to it.