Benefit run for Dallas/Ft. Worth 5k runners/walkers

Options
My fellow MFP’ers,

I just wanted to pass a message on to our 5k’ers out there… there is a benefit walk happening on March 23rd to benefit my neice, Emily Powell, who has suffered a spinal injury in a car accident on August 15, 2012. She is a quadriplegic, who is going through extensive therapy at Project Walk, an organization designed to improve the quality of life for people with spinal cord injuries. Sadly, her therapy is $100/hr and is not covered by insurance. She is only 16, and has been very hopeful in her recovery. A benefit 5k walk/run is being held in Waxahachie Tx, on March 23rd. The entry fee is $25 and includes a t-shirt. Other donations are gladly accepted as well. I know this doesn’t have much to do with fitness, I apologize, but I know I can always lean on my MFP family for support. Prayers are always welcome as well, for sweet Emily’s recovery. If anyone would be interested in donations or to participate in the race, please PM me. Thank you all, and God bless.

http://www.facebook.com/emily.powell.7731?ref=ts&fref=ts#!/pages/Prayers-for-Emily-Powell/523082771037332

This page should have more information about the race as well, including more information about Emily and her condition.