30 Day Shred

Options
I'm starting the 30 Day Shred today and I was wondering how it worked for other people? I'm really excited to start it but I'm scared I've got my hopes up too high!

Replies

• elliemaum
    Options
    I am starting today too! After reading all of the posts and seeing all of the pictures on these forums and just google images I decided I have nothing to lose.
  • jainew94
    jainew94 Posts: 30
    Options
    I'm starting the 30 Day Shred today and I was wondering how it worked for other people? I'm really excited to start it but I'm scared I've got my hopes up too high!

hey, i've been doing the 30 Day Shred on&off for about a month and have lost roughly half a stone! (on/off because of falling ill ect) but it's great :) if you aren't very "fit" at the moment (like i was in the beginning) it may seem like a bit of a challenge to complete the 27 mins, but dont give up! *pause the dvd IF you have too*
    i've seen a huge difference to my stomach area & thighs. im currently doing her other workout videos too (Yoga/6 Week 6 Pack)

feel free to add & GOOD LUCK you'll enjoy it!!
  • AllisonPlease
    AllisonPlease Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    There are a ton of 30 day shred threads tat discuss results w/ photos. I'm on Level 2 day one and I definitely feel the difference haven't taken progress pics yet.. waiting till day 15. Below is a link to another post w/ pics. Good luck, add me if you need a friend for some motivation :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/911690-my-30-day-shred-results-photos-included?hl=30+day+shred&page=1#posts-13813796
  • _zombiegirl_
    _zombiegirl_ Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 22 (2nd day of Level 3). I measured when I started, at 10 and 20 days, and will measure at 30. I'm not yet confident enough to do the side-by-side comparison, but here's what I earned after 20 days:

Results since the end of Level 1:
    • Down 4.5 pounds (9.5 since I started The Shred, and 12 total)
    • 1/2" off my neck (1/2" total)
    • 1" off my arms (1" total)
    • 1" off my bust (1" total)
    • 1" off my waist (2" total)
    • 1-1/2" off my hips (2" total)
    • 1-1/2" off my thighs (3" total)
    • 1/2" off my calves (1" total)

I also went bridesmaid dress shopping this weekend and was able to fit into a dress TWO SIZES smaller than the clothes I currently wear. Confidence is up, energy is up, mood is improved. You have nothing to lose but weight and inches... go for it. :)
  • ilovejillian
    Options
    Starting today as well! I guess my question is...Do I still do cardio or other exercises or is the 30 day shred enough. I am 5'3" 134 lbs. I run 5 to 6 days a week for 3 to 5.5 miles. minimal weights or other ab/leg/arm workouts. I know I need to add these however. Also starting eo day squat challenge and 30 day ab challenge. I've been told all I need to do is 30 day shred and I will "feel it"
  • beejelblor
    beejelblor Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hey!!!

Day 2 level 1 here :) if you are interested in some encouragement and support from others who are doing this at the same time as you we have a group going called
    30 DAY SHRED, STARTING MARCH 1ST!!!!
    everyone is very motivated and the discussions have been great :)

Good Luck!!!
  • AllisonPlease
    AllisonPlease Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Starting today as well! I guess my question is...Do I still do cardio or other exercises or is the 30 day shred enough. I am 5'3" 134 lbs. I run 5 to 6 days a week for 3 to 5.5 miles. minimal weights or other ab/leg/arm workouts. I know I need to add these however. Also starting eo day squat challenge and 30 day ab challenge. I've been told all I need to do is 30 day shred and I will "feel it"

You will definitely feel it by just doing the 30 DS but I guess its all up to the individual.
    During phase 1 I did the shred M-F, cardio on Saturday and rest on Sunday. During Phase, which to me focuses a lot on toning, I plan to add in at least 3 cardio days in order to lose lbs along with my inches.