What Kind Of Support System Do You Have?

Options
2»

Replies

• randimarie1125
    randimarie1125 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    My MFP friends are encouraging but honestly they do not really know me on a personal level. Getting encouragement from strangers who are going through the same journey with you is very nice to have but my absolute best support system is my husband!! He and I are doing this together. We meal plan, shop and prepare foods together and I don't think either of us would have had the success we've each had so far without the others' encouragement and discipline.

We have two teenage boys and an 8-year old at home who we also have to take into consideration when planning meals. The whole family is eating better now! To be honest, we still eat a lot of the things we have always eaten... just less of it. However, I will say that we have made a few distinct changes such as eating more chicken and fish than ground beef, whole wheat products rather than white, more baked/steamed/broiled than fried... All in all it seems to work for us.

I wish i could get my family on board! But they are not willing to : ( lol i just ignore them if they are having a super terrible dinner, and go get myself some subway! subway is probably my saving grace!
  • randimarie1125
    randimarie1125 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    My mom, fiance and best friend are the biggest supports. I live with my mom and dad and they aren't the healthiest of eaters. Mom understands though when I make substitutions for food and make my own food.

I got a MFP request from my fiance a couple days ago and asked him about it... His answer? "You shouldn't have to do this alone. I'm behind you 100%."

My best friend is my fitness buddy. We live an hour apart, but keep each other motivated over the phone.

Awe thats so sweet!! Wish my boyfriend needed to lose weight! but he could afford 20lb to gain!