Need pregnant friends!

Options
Alyssah09
Alyssah09 Posts: 357 Member
Hello everyone!

I have posted on here many times before and gained some wonderful friends and looking for more :) I am 20 weeks in to my second pregnancy and this is my weight story in a nutshell.

Pregnant with son in 2009 :120 lbs
Delivered son in 2009 220 lbs
Pregnant with new baby in 2013: 212 lbs
20 weeks pregnant in 2013: 218 lbs.

I got up to 222.8 at 17 weeks and my Dr was furious because I was gaining too much weight too fast. He encouraged me to loose weight as long as I do it the right way. Which I have been, just tracking my food and eating normally but not excessively. and also doing small exercises through out the day. I am looking for any other mamas who are pregnant and trying to loose (healthily) or maintain their weight through the pregnancy!

Replies

• Navigator0811
    Options
    My wife is due 03/21 with our first. Very excited to meet my first child!
  • kellykneppergrundy
    kellykneppergrundy Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I'm also 21 weeks pregnant so feel free to add me. Also please check out the Fit, Fabulous & Pregnant Board (do a search) to find lots of other people and topics relevant to pregnancy.
  • ToFatToBeSick
    Options
    30 weeks pregnant with my 4th. Feel free to add if you'd like. I don't just "collect" friends though. If we don't interact, I delete.
  • Alyssah09
    Alyssah09 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Thank you everybody! I have been trying to eat healthy and exercise right for about 3 weeks now (just got off bed rest) and about to attempt a mile walk with my son tonight! We shall see how that goes :)
  • alexmotts1
    Options
    Hi there! I just sent you a friend request. I'm almost 28 weeks now and am using myfitnesspal as a tool to help me maintain a healthy weight throughout my 2nd pregnancy (after gaining tons of weight with my 1st!). :-) I'd love to have some friends in the same boat. ;-) Hang in there!
  • Ofaatu
    Ofaatu Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, Just found out a few days ago I am pregnant. Still in shock I think as I only have one tube and am 38. Doctor seems to think losing weight helped. I have 5 other children, so am well used of the pregnancy journey. However this time I plan on doing it totally different.

I am staying here and logging every day. I am still going to the gym, but have had to quit boot camp. Doctor said 30 mins cardio a day and she didn't want me getting heart rate above 130. And can continue my weights.

But I'm scared. I know what hormones do to a pregnant woman and I know its going to take a lot of self control to keep on losing weight. She has cleared me to continue losing weight. I am currently at 98 kilos. Would like to get to the 70 mark by the time this baby is born. So around October.

Is anyone else successfully lost weight when pregnant? Would love to hear some stories. And please add me!