Food

Options
Does anyone else have a dislike of food? My post (rant) this morning went a little like this ...

I.hate.food. I honestly do. I hate thinking about it all the time. I hate meal planning. I honestly wish someone would just plan my days for me and set a plate in front of my face and be done with it all. Even when I plan for the week I hate doing it. I hate having to try to fit all my calories in for the day and thinking about what I should be eating and missing from my day. Part of the reason Im overweight is because I dont enjoy eating and when I do feel hungry I eat all the wrong things at the wrong times. /rant over

Anyone else in the same boat?

Replies

• bdburch
    bdburch Posts: 127
    Options
    What kind of food do you like? If you start with stuff you like and tweak it here and there, you may be able to make it more healthy.

For example, I love KFC's mashed potato bowl. It has popcorn chicken, mashed potatoes, corn, gravy, and cheese in it. It's also 700+ calories for one. Now I make my own version at home. I use less potatoes, bake my "fried" chicken, and use less gravy, corn, and omit the cheese. It's still not super healthy (still about 400-500 calories) but it's a lot less than ordering from the restaurant.
  • mamabear0222
    mamabear0222 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I like all kinds of food. I end up eating the same things all the time because meal planning for everyone and cooking it becomes tiring. I'd rather not think about it at all!
  • MuddyEquestrian
    MuddyEquestrian Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else have a dislike of food? My post (rant) this morning went a little like this ...

I.hate.food. I honestly do. I hate thinking about it all the time. I hate meal planning. I honestly wish someone would just plan my days for me and set a plate in front of my face and be done with it all. Even when I plan for the week I hate doing it. I hate having to try to fit all my calories in for the day and thinking about what I should be eating and missing from my day. Part of the reason Im overweight is because I dont enjoy eating and when I do feel hungry I eat all the wrong things at the wrong times. /rant over

Anyone else in the same boat?

I wish I could offer some advice but unforunately even after losing 40lbs I am in the same boat. It's such a vicious cycle and one that's so hard to break. I guess we just aren't "foodies" which in today's world is difficult
  • bdburch
    bdburch Posts: 127
    Options
    Have you thought about freezer cooking? It's basically you prep a few meals before hand and stick them in your freezer. These meals are usually to be put in the oven or crockpot. On those days where you just really don't want to cook, they're an easy meal without having to go for fast food.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by you're tired of meal planning and cooking. Like you just don't enjoy it period or the others in your life make it too difficult to even try?
  • mamabear0222
    mamabear0222 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I just dont like thinking about my next meal all the time for everyone.
    I do make ahead meals quite often though ....
  • Marie047
    Marie047 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    We plan our evening meals weekly, one thing that works for us, is we try to try atleast two new recipes each week. It works for us.