why are there some many fast food places?

Options
Papalov100
Papalov100 Posts: 1,593 Member
We need places that is health Here is a few Fast food places Cook-out where i work and Cicis pizza and pizza hunt KFC we need to get more places that is better for us i have not had nothing to eat from cook-out in a year and so we need to fix this some how if you know what i mean

Replies

• TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Because people are lazy...
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    because they make money and we're the fattest nation in the world.
  • _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Cuz this nation is crazy and running too fast all the time....convenience is very important to many.

That being said...make the best choices you can and make those choices fit...some fast food here and there won't delay weight loss if you make some mindful decisions and move more :)
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Convenience
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    Because money$$$

They dont care if they're selling you unhealthy, gross food. They just want your money.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    because they make money and we're the fattest nation in the world.

and what nation are you referring to?
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Fast Food is nasty, cant stomach it since Im not 7 any more
  • ZHawk1123
    ZHawk1123 Posts: 215
    Options
    Because they make a **** ton of money because they know all the slobs in the US will buy it.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Because they're food is fast, cheap, well, advertised, and palatable.
  • Papalov100
    Papalov100 Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Us The USA
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    OP, because they have enough consumers to open that many locations. Convenience and money are what drives us.
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Pizza Hunt sounds like a fun game!
  • junejadesky
    junejadesky Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately they won't go away until we can change the eating choices of others. The best thing to do is to just avoid them at all costs and don't judge those who eat there... they are the ones harming their own bodies.
  • edge_dragoncaller
    edge_dragoncaller Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Not man good choices there, but if you get KFC Grilled chicken and some corn on the cob, the calories are not that bad.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately they won't go away until we can change the eating choices of others. The best thing to do is to just avoid them at all costs and don't judge those who eat there... they are the ones harming their own bodies.

LOL. How is eating the occasional big mac harming my body?

ETA: "until we can change the eating choices of others" ??? :noway:
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    And not a single punctuation mark was used that day. *pops an advil*

OP, because they have enough consumers to open that many locations. Convenience and money are what drives us.
    You don't like it, don't eat there.
    bingo.

Also, OP, not everyone here is from the US...

There ARE healthy options that are out there, but they'll cost more. Panera, for example, makes a healthier salad than.. say... a McDonalds will. The difference is going to show in the price and level of convenience.

The fact that there are a ton of fast food places around is based on supply/demand and the almighty currency.
  • LaLouve_RK
    LaLouve_RK Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    hehehehehehe.....
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options

LOL. How is eating the occasional big mac harming my body?

Because of all the super crazy toxins and voodoo spells they put in the Big Mac.

Duh.
  • amselby81
    amselby81 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Obviously it's because people eat there. And there are healthier options out there. Panera, Chipotle, and Tropical Smoothie are fast food places that offer healthier fare, but they are never as busy as McDonald's or Burger King. At least in my neighborhood they aren't as busy. It's because people prefer cheaper and fattier food.
  • himilayaneyes
    himilayaneyes Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I think it's just convenience. However, places like Wendy's and Mcd's offer salads. There are also places like Panera. Here in FL, we have Pollo Tropical which offers delicious griled chicken (latin food).