Time of grieving..

Options
2»

Replies

• littletiger972000
    Options
    He sounds wonderful! Sorry for your loss. Hopefully you will find your peace soon.
  • Mande_G
    Mande_G Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    <hugs> You and your family are in my thoughts.

We lost my grandma last year, and I didn't attend her funeral. I understand what you're going through. Grandpa sounds like he was amazing -- keep those memories close!
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Tell us more about him. Besides loving and caring for a family, what else did he do? Hobbies? What was important to him?
    He loved Nascar, and card games. He used to protect the quail that congregated around his house, <<snip>>

He was great... :)
    Thank you honey, and bless you more. I've got something in my eye.
  • mommamills
    mommamills Posts: 437
    Options
    wow....that is a great pic. cherish it forever!! My grandaddy was everything to me and my only wish was that my sons would've gotten to know him. I pretty much rushed into having my first one for that very reason and he did the Jan after he was born (he was born in Oct)...so other than seeing his pic and us telling him who he is, my oldest son doesn't know him and that's a shame. We miss him dearly, but he is in a better place and we'll see him again someday. I pray that you'll find a way of your own to say good-bye, but know that he is not truly gone. :flowerforyou:
  • MyKidzMom
    MyKidzMom Posts: 97
    Options
    So sorry for your loss.....You are in my prayers while your husband is away, as well as the family during this time.
    I am glad that you have so many memories to look back on with a smile and can share with the kids.
    Keep your chin up and be blessed.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Hugs and prayers to you dear one. I am sorry for your loss.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,741 Member
    Options
    What a beautiful photo. My sincere condolences.
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,178 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. He sounds like a wonderful and kind man.

A BRIDGE CALLED LOVE
    It takes us back to brighter years,
    to happier sunlit days
    and to precious moments
    that will be with us always.
    And these fond recollections
    are treasured in the heart
    to bring us always close to those
    from whom we had to part.
    There is a bridge of memories
    from earth to Heaven above...
    It keeps our dear ones near us
    It's the bridge that we call love.
    ~~Author Unknown
  • specialkate099
    Options
    I am very sorry for your loss, but you have given him a wonderful tribute by sharing part of his life. I am sure he was a wonderful man and loved by all. Take each day at a time and remember all the joy he brought to you and your family.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    I didn't know where else to post this. Last night my husbands grandfather passed away. It was peaceful, my mother in law said. She was holding his hand as he slept, and he just...never woke up. When we were still living in Arizona, we were over at their place 2-3 times a week, playing a card game called "Hand and Foot" that they taught to me. They took care of me when i was 8 months pregnant (and one strict bedrest)and my husband had to leave for work for a week. Grandpa Wally was the 3rd person in the world to hold my little girl, Autumn. I am not able to attend his funeral. We had only enough money to send my husband, so this is how I am going to grieve this week.

R.I.P Wallace Howe

This is grandpa, holding our newborn baby Autumn

2w23t68.jpg

You were well loved, and will be sorely missed....
    Hon I am soooooo sorry you lost someone you loved so much and that was so important to your life. The memories will be so sweet and the stories you can tell your little ones. What a precious photo you have to cherish:heart: I'm so glad you posted the photo as well.

Be extra kind to yourself right now and I'll send you some sweet prayers of healing:smooched:

I cried as you told the story of your Grandfather, the incredible love in your words was so powerful!

Gentle Hugs:flowerforyou:
  • Elokyn
    Elokyn Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    My Condolences to you, your husband and the entire family. I can't begin to imagine what you're going through. Just try to remember that you are strong. Sincerely.
  • tigersgirl
    tigersgirl Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    so sorry for your loss. i know its tough time, i lost my dad feb 1. my thoughts and prayers to you and your family