Having trouble eating all my calories

Options
On Feb 18 I started Insanity and have been doing quite well except for being tired a lot. i was trying to do it on 1200 calories a day and decided that was way too low. Recalculated my requirements and it puts me at 1500 with no exercise which is doable. the issue I am having is trying to figure out how to add the 350 to 500 calories back in that I am burning off. Basically on my exercise days I am having trouble getting 1850+ calories. I'm just physically not that hungry. Any ideas?

Replies

• axelforte
    Options
    I started today and thought this exact same thing. It's put me at 1390 a day. Today I've eaten 704 calories and done - 490 calories worth of exercise (my job is requires exercise) so has told me the Net = 204. So that leaves me with 1176 calories left to eat today, it's 8pm and I had my dinner an hour ago, I don't think i'm going to get all of that in!
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I'm on 1550 calories, do Insanity also, but don't eat it back :wink:
  • Marisa_Lama
    Marisa_Lama Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Your goal is still to eat AT LEAST 1500 Kcal (as per your desire because you can, as you said, drop to the 1200 kcal.). The thing is that, when you exercise you CAN eat more 300 to 500 kcal. You DON'T NEED to eat them, only if you feel hungry after your exercise. You'll loose more weight doing exercise, therefore you need to update your week goals from time to time, in order to eat properly.
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    ok you KNOW that you are doing these workouts each day. So say to yourself... self, we need to eat more throughout the day. and then increase each one of your meals by a couple hundred calories. throw in some almonds, or a couple tablespoons of PB.
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    ok you KNOW that you are doing these workouts each day. So say to yourself... self, we need to eat more throughout the day. and then increase each one of your meals by a couple hundred calories. throw in some almonds, or a couple tablespoons of PB.

I'm trying to do this now. I feel overly full though. I didn't eat a lot of fruit before so I have added them as a snack 2 times a day. tomorrow I will be adding a protein shake because I'm not getting enough of that either. It sucks but I'm glad to see I'm not the only one having this issue.
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Add some calorie-dense foods to your day--butter, olive oil, cheese, full-fat dairy (milk, cottage cheese, yogurt) instead of low-fat, nuts, nut butters, dried fruit, avocado. Easy to incorporate, and a little goes a long way.
  • jchrisman717
    jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I wish I had this problem - lol. If you add a protein shake with some healthy fats that will help up your calories. Maybe double your serving of protein - like I do grilled chicken a lot and I just double the amount I eat. And of course like the other poster said PB is a great choice, but I would suggest eating natural PB much better for you. You can add a lot calories just by accurately figuring in your oils, you cook with, creamer in coffee, any additives to your shakes like fiber, fruit, coconut oil, ect.
  • wmoomoo
    wmoomoo Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    What are you eating? Make sure you are measuring them correctly. If measurements are correct, then like others suggested...eat calories dense food. 1 oz of walnuts is about 200 calories, 2 tbps of PB is 190, so on......
  • SprinkledWithEmotion
    SprinkledWithEmotion Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I wish I had this problem. But really, a glass of milk with your meal, a handful of nuts, some butter on your veggies will take care of that.