Frustrated

Hi All,

I have been following this program for a month and the first 2 weeks I lost 5 lbs and nothing since then. I am to the point wondering if this really works. I have changed my eating, eating Lean Cuisine and Weight Watchers food for all meals and snacks, working out on Cardio and Strength/Weight training for a 1 1/2 hours a day, 5 days a week and nothing. I just don't know what more to do. Feel like giving up. I have to lose 50 lbs by June for my sons wedding. Frustrated

Replies

• pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    have you noticed your clothes fitting more loose? You may be losing fat % and building muscle at the same time. Or you could have hit a plateau early. after my first 16lbs...I stopped losing. it took 3 weeks for me to kick start it and I started losing again. Just keep it up and don't give up on your goal.
  • mrspetrosian
    mrspetrosian Posts: 22 Member
    Lean Cuisine and Weight Watchers meal are typically high in sodium. Are you drinking enough water? I agree about not giving up too early! Try not to get too frustrated and just stick with it. It takes time and planning to lose weight especially if you have lots to lose. It's good to lose at a rate of 1-2lbs a week.
  • keya729
    keya729 Posts: 166 Member
    Hi All,

I have been following this program for a month and the first 2 weeks I lost 5 lbs and nothing since then. I am to the point wondering if this really works. I have changed my eating, eating Lean Cuisine and Weight Watchers food for all meals and snacks, working out on Cardio and Strength/Weight training for a 1 1/2 hours a day, 5 days a week and nothing. I just don't know what more to do. Feel like giving up. I have to lose 50 lbs by June for my sons wedding. Frustrated

Don't give up when losing weight it's also customary to start gaining muscle which weighs more than fat so you may not see the scale change but if you're clothes are fitting differently then you are losing. Also, keep on tracking your food/water intake and see if maybe you can cut out on some of the carbs which could be contributing to the feel of you not losing weight.
  • keya729
    keya729 Posts: 166 Member
    have you noticed your clothes fitting more loose? You may be losing fat % and building muscle at the same time. Or you could have hit a plateau early. after my first 16lbs...I stopped losing. it took 3 weeks for me to kick start it and I started losing again. Just keep it up and don't give up on your goal.

My husband had to tell me the same thing because I thought I had hit a plateau but it was just me needing to keep going and changing up my exercises.
  • Hi. I know just how you feel. But with me, I lose the lbs way before inches. Lost 30lbs before even dropping a dress size. And lately I too have been really struggling to shift the weight. A few times I have wanted to give up but my friends on here have been really supportive. It does work it just takes time :) Feel free to add me if you want, ill try my best to help in any way I can x
  • Lt_Starbuck
    Lt_Starbuck Posts: 576 Member
    "I want something soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad, I mean sooooooooooooooooo bad, that I am fully willing to work on it for almost a month before I'll quit."